Sealing it all up: beating a dead horse on case sealing

There are a million threads on case sealing. Too many contradict eachother.

For case halves, I plan on yamabond 4. I see that some people use threebond 1211, 1184 and 1215.

Some people put sealer around the crank and trans seals as well as the key on primary and water pump gear.

Kevin at STB also uses sealer around seals.

I also always use sealers on base gaskets and intake gaskets.

So, for those of you truly experienced with building:

Do you use the same sealer for everything or prefer different sealers depending on what you're sealing on the banshee engine? What do you use and where?

Thanks, in advance.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I use grease on paper gasketts.

I use liquid gasketts ( compatible with fuel) on steel gaskett and steel/aluminium surface.

I put grease on inner lips of seals and nothing around (must be clean and free of grease).

I use permatex motorseal or 1211 or 1184, yamabond, hondabond, all the same thing.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

I use grease on paper gasketts.

I use liquid gasketts ( compatible with fuel) on steel gaskett and steel/aluminium surface.

I put grease on inner lips of seals and nothing around (must be clean and free of grease).

I use permatex motorseal or 1211 or 1184, yamabond, hondabond, all the same thing.

Envoyé de mon SM-S908W en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks

Use sealer on metal mating surfaces such as shee cases.

Paper gaskets for cylinder base and side covers. I don’t grease. Seen people grease paper gaskets to make removal easy and reusable. I don’t I replace them. Made plenty of paper gaskets from soda and beer box cardboard over the years.

Seen metal gaskets for heads…either a “crush” style or copper plate/copper washers…no sealer. In a pinch I’ve taken the copper gaskets heated them until they “glow” and reused as long as they weren’t cracked or brittle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Use sealer on metal mating surfaces such as shee cases.

Paper gaskets for cylinder base and side covers. I don’t grease. Seen people grease paper gaskets to make removal easy and reusable. I don’t I replace them. Made plenty of paper gaskets from soda and beer box cardboard over the years.

Seen metal gaskets for heads…either a “crush” style or copper plate/copper washers…no sealer. In a pinch I’ve taken the copper gaskets heated them until they “glow” and reused as long as they weren’t cracked or brittle.

Yeah I don't use anything on the side cover gaskets. I use the copper stuff on the metal gaskets on the LT80s but I have O rings for the banshee head.

16 minutes ago, kawa110 said:

Use grease to “hold” the o rings on head if needed.

I’ve never used the copper spray.

This ^ copper coat is for working on old ass tractors ,trucks, lawn mowers ect. Just like idian head shelack