Right Cylinder

bansheelover

today i just got done breakin in my new top end

everything runs great and i noticed that when my shee runs the left cylinder makes a nice popping sound (toomeys) and the right one doesnt, it seems like the right cylinder isnt even firing at all, theres spark, the carbs are set the exact same, same jets, the carb balance tube and everything are on.. also when i just give it a little gas it starts to die, i think its because of the tors or too small of pilot jets but im not sure

i want to disconnect the tors but im unsure how

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again to the hq for lots of useful info

Matt

how can u tell the top from the bottom of the reeds??

im positive the rings didnt get hung up, they both run fine, its just when i give it throttle

im still using the stock pilot jet so i think i need to bump up to a 30 and that may help a bit but i still wanna get rid of that stupid tors

any more ideas would be greatly appreciated

Matt

I had the same thing happen, the top ring on one piston got hooked on a port. It turned over fine, started and ran fine, but was missing on the one cyl. because it had low compression. I would do a compression test, if for nothing else than to rule it out. A compression test only takes five minutes and could save you a lot of screwing around.

Before you do anything pull the right carb off and take the pilot jet out and make absolutly sure there isn't anything plugging it up. I am willing to bet money there is something in there. I've worked on at least 3 bikes that had this same exact problem. Ask Justintoxicated if you don't believe me....

Make sure your slide is in right. My sons friend had a bad right cyclinder not hitting and the problem was He installed the slide in Wrong. it ran like it had a choke problem or some thing weird like that.

The cutway goes to the air filter side of carb.

It running Great now. Kids, you need to watch them