New Engine ran well and now is un-driveable

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly confident it has to do with the needles properly closing off the fuel supply. I turn the gas off and it runs perfect until the bowls go dry. Just had the floats set at 19mm will verify tomorrow that the needles are holding pressure when closed and go from there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, jst854 said:

Fairly confident it has to do with the needles properly closing off the fuel supply. I turn the gas off and it runs perfect until the bowls go dry. Just had the floats set at 19mm will verify tomorrow that the needles are holding pressure when closed and go from there

What do you have for fuel tank vent?

Just the stock cap for th fuel tank. Float needles will not hold any pressure. Bowl off carb upside down I put the guage from my leak down tester on the inlet. Will very verify hold until 3 lbs or so and then fall off quickly. Sprayed some wd40 and it is leaking from the needle. These carbs are brand new, 3 hours on them. Is the needle supposed to have something it seats into, or just the housing of the carb? Anything I can do to fix it besides getting new needles even though the are practically new

Correct only issue with one side, follows the carb. I tried setting them out of wack to shut off fuel sooner, didn't make a difference. I don't think the needle seat is a replaceable part in these carbs. Will see if I can clean it up a bit and see if that helps