Anybody own a 472 serval

I’m having one built right now and wanted to hear from someone who has done this motor before. I feel like you don’t hear much about 472’s 4mil/72mm. I Know a 521 isnt too much more but I don’t want to run 39mm+ carbs and don’t know if it would do the best on 33’s. I’m going to get shit gas mileage anyway but hoping the 472 will be slightly better (I doubt it though). The 472 will be ported on 50/50 race gas and running snipers. Gary makes his pipes with adapters so technically you can make the pipes big bore or small bore, don’t know which will work better yet. Any feedback on the motor would be nice to hear. 

Redline. Coming from a 421 wanted to do a 465 but he said wouldn’t be that much of difference and to try the 472.  Def trust him, he’s the guru building them for a living. All said and done a 521 isn’t much more. Hope I don’t get a 521 bug down the line blowing money on all these motors. It’s all overkill for a trail bike but I want it.  Gas mileage is going to a prob no matter what. Have a Clarke 5.5 and a six pack rack for long rides that holds a 2 gallon can. 

Since cam @ redline is building it you will be super happy.  My 472 from cam just shipped yesterday. I'll be running 33pwk on it to help some with fuel consumption.  Made over 100hp on a trail / dune setup on snipers and 110.  It could make more but wanted some low end power for the trails.  I hope to have it up and running in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...