Transmission

2k7cheeta

What should I look for in my transmission? My bike doesn’t shift how I’d like it to. I just sold a mint banshee that shifted perfect there was a positive click when I put it in gear. My current motor I’m building kind of just gets forced into gear. How do I tell if my shift forks or shift drum is bad? The shift forks glide like butter on the rods. The shift drum bearing was bad would that cause hard shifts? I’m contemplating just replacing the shift drum and forks. It’s a brand new driveline 421 Assassin kit going on brand new cases so I feel like cutting corners now would be dumb but I don’t want to spend a bunch of money I don’t have to either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes bearing could be your problem.
Usually its just an adjustment issue.
Has it been getting worse or been hard since you got it?
Shifts hard all the time, or under a load?
Whats hp difference between this one & last one?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

It was never really that bad until I did a bunch of donuts on hot pavement lol so I know I wore something out just not sure what it is.

You're making more power now. You need a Pro-Mod transmission.

I’m just building the motor now so the problem existed before I made more power. And I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and get the promod tranny and new shift forks. I’m this far in now may as well do it right.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 4:29 PM, 2k7cheeta said:

I’m just building the motor now so the problem existed before I made more power. And I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and get the promod tranny and new shift forks. I’m this far in now may as well do it right.

You're probably due for a tear down and inspection. It could be something simple or something not simple.

The gear closest to the sprocket isn’t spinning freely so I’m guessing that might have something to do with it. Gonna have to bite the bullet and send this in to get pro modded. I’ve known all along I needed to get a promod but they’re expensive lol. Who’s does the best work on transmissions?