Porting tools

I started porting banshee cylinders by copying a set of my friends. Took measurements from the top and bottom of the cylinder and mapped it all out. Then after I did that set actually read up on it and learned what I was actually doing.... port timing, not increasing volume.

Made my own degree wheel at work with a rotary engraver and .090” thick plastic, and did my next set with the degree wheel. That set was better than the first,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I started porting banshee cylinders by copying a set of my friends. Took measurements from the top and bottom of the cylinder and mapped it all out. Then after I did that set actually read up on it and learned what I was actually doing.... port timing, not increasing volume.

Made my own degree wheel at work with a rotary engraver and .090” thick plastic, and did my next set with the degree wheel. That set was better than the first,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a set of old cylinders with questionable port job, I might take a look into them, the bike use to run like raped ape with that set but never run it on dyno, and relaying on feel is not the best measure of hp.
Anyway, I might end up mapping them and comparing it with stock ones.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
24 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

He was laughing about my english, let's see if his french is better than my english 😉

But those videos are very good. Exaclty what he asked for.

I ♡ MetalBob

I can't even talk shit on this one... only thing is, I said "write ups" not "videos". Those are different in English. 😆That was good though. You're still a dick.