Squish and compression

Deets

Finally got around to checking squish and compression. Now that I’ve got my bike tore apart. 
Right side 130.  
Left side 140. 
So I checked squish,     
Right side .0675
Left side .060  

.0075 seems like a lot to be off side to side, is that common with a stock head? 

your squish is way out of whack... .060 is wayyy to big for a stock motor to begin with.

1st off you need to make sure you got the right base gasket.  and pistons at that... 

once you narrow down your squish issue... then do a compression test... because a that much variance in squish can effect compression. 

21 minutes ago, gusto said:

re-measure your squish.

I did just that when I got home. 

Solder I originally had was .118 thick. I know it was too thick. I tried to twist up some smaller stuff yesterday and was roughly .055. It never touched the .055 solder. So I figured I was close anyway with the bigger stuff. 

Today I twisted some together to get .080. So I put 2 pieces in each cylinder held in place with a dab of grease. Both cylinders measured at .057 this time. 

I must have been a touch shy of the cylinder wall yesterday goin through the plug hole. 

Feel better knowing squish is the same.