Trx450 frame banshee engine

Guest Rom

Hi hope this is the best place to post this, got a trx450r complete chassis and I’ve got a spare banshee motor that I wanted to stick in it, I’ve seen it done but just need some some advise/pictures on the mounts and best way to fit it

15 minutes ago, locogato11283 said:

Can you cut, weld, fabricate, etc??

Do you have a welder?

Do you have a budget?

I know the basics  and will be getting a hand from some one a lot more experienced in welding and fabricating, just not with bikes, haven’t got a budget just want it done properly 

9 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

I promise you it’s not that simple. A lot of stuff has to be relocated.

I know it’s not gonna be straight forward, my main concern is the position on the engine and the best place to mount it I’m serious in doing, where do I start? 

6 hours ago, Fearnot said:

Panthera 550 is a drop in replacement for the trx450r engine if you have no budget. They'll also punch it out to a 700 if 100 horse isn't enough.

Did think about one but tbh I wanted to use what I’ve already got 

I know it’s not gonna be straight forward, my main concern is the position on the engine and the best place to mount it I’m serious in doing, where do I start? 

Put the motor inside the frame and grab a chair. Stare at it for a while. You’ll either figure it out or you won’t. I can’t explain to you where/how to put it in.

I think once you set it in there you’re going to start seeing that this is not a simple build.

1 hour ago, locogato11283 said:

Put the motor inside the frame and grab a chair. Stare at it for a while. You’ll either figure it out or you won’t. I can’t explain to you where/how to put it in.

I think once you set it in there you’re going to start seeing that this is not a simple build.

Lol I’ve already done this, that’s how I’ve ended up here, i don’t want a step by step guide just some advise? i was thinking about starting with the swing arm mounts/bolt as it’s completly off and was thinking this would of been a good point to work from being strong and to align the  sprockets all I was hoping for maybe was some pictures of the frame work to get a better idea of how it’s done and how it sits in, do you have any pictures of the build or how it sits in ? Just need a rough idea to get me started? 

He gave you a rough idea on how to start. If you honestly cant brainstorm some possibilities after getting engine in, and seeing what needs done , then you're probably better off getting a fabricator to look at it...