Sniper in frames

23 minutes ago, pp13bnos said:

I have a set of snipers on my 10 mill super with some cascade silencers.  Imop, they are pretty quite.  I had a set of cpi's with the factory cpi silencers on my 7 mill/stock cyl. and they are less noisy by far.

Of course, you are running the Cascade silencers which are designed to reduce the noise. As they come they are by far the loudest pipe I've ever ran. Glad to know there is an option out there to quite them down.

Of course, you are running the Cascade silencers which are designed to reduce the noise. As they come they are by far the loudest pipe I've ever ran. Glad to know there is an option out there to quite them down.
My LÈD on my 521 are as loud as my Sniper were on my 421.

With my shorter carbon silencer ( if i finish them for this season), should be even louder me think.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

On 5/2/2019 at 7:11 AM, 97Screamer said:

Not to mention the chances of finding BB cascade silencers are pretty small.  But just wanted to put it out there they could be fairly quite.

56 minutes ago, ClaudeMachining said:

Leak at mid pipe joint???? What do you mean?

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

The snipers are 3 piece and have 2 oring joints. One after the expansion chamber and another at the silencers. My set leaked right after the expansion chambers right out the gate. I replaced them and still they leak there. They will spit hot oil on my legs.

10 minutes ago, Paulie B said:

The snipers are 3 piece and have 2 oring joints. One after the expansion chamber and another at the silencers. My set leaked right after the expansion chambers right out the gate. I replaced them and still they leak there. They will spit hot oil on my legs.

Did you use viton orings? The oring joint on the stingers connecting to the pipe is not standard hardware but an add-on. Did Gary do that for you, I didn't know he would?

Both sets I used came from sniper. First set were supplied with the pipes, large flange in frames and the second set I order direct from sniper. My pipes have an oring reciever groove cut into the silencers. They are a very tight fit but will come together with some muscle and twisting action. The front set has no reciever groove. I cant see any way they wouldn't leak there. 

Someone needs to make a silicone joint for these things

Hmm, I didn't know they recommended using an oring at the stinger/pipe joint. I have two sets, one set has the added flange with grooves welded on which uses orings and fits great, no leaks. The others are as they came from Sniper and use a silicone joint like the stock pipes. I'd buy some silicone hose if I were you, as you said I can't imagine how an oring would seal that joint.