Back after many years

8 minutes ago, atvfreestylekid said:

Thanks man. I still haven’t got to ride it because I need a throttle cable. But it’s coming soon. As long as I can handle the powerband from a 4-mill with an aggressive play port from Jeff,  i should be good. I can ride my 450r with zero problems working the throttle and clutch. But we’ll see lol. If i could afford a prosthetic, I know i’d be good, that way when the power sets me back, it’ll be even pull on the bars. The main problem I have now is that when I accelerate, i have to fight it to keep from pullin on just the left side. It’s very uncomfortable and a little rough on the spine lol. 

Are there any companies out there that will hook you up with one? I find it pretty fucking sad that with all this technology people can't afford things like a prosthetic. Aren't most of them plastic with a little metal here and there?

26 minutes ago, locogato11283 said:

Are there any companies out there that will hook you up with one? I find it pretty fucking sad that with all this technology people can't afford things like a prosthetic. Aren't most of them plastic with a little metal here and there?

Yeah but they’re still higher than pussy on a ferris wheel. Since I didn’t have insurance when the accident happened( motorcycle wreck because someone turned in front of me and i hit em at 60+ lol), i was out of luck. Could have had a government assistance for one If i would benefit from it for everyday needs. But since i have no control over the half of arm i have left, it would just be “cosmetic” since i cant control one with movement. Idk. It’s a messed up deal man. But i’ll make it 👍. I’m gonna get one eventually tho, plan to have it airbrushed with flames and shit. It’ll be sweet. 

25 minutes ago, SKEETER said:

Lifes short, have a prosthetic made, charge to credit card. 

If I did that, How would I afford banshee parts? 😂

It’s all good, i’ll Make it. Been doing decent for the past 5 years I guess. But I am curious as to people’s experience with steering stabilizers. I feel that it will at least give me peace of mind when hauling ass knowing that if i hit one little rough spot that it’s not gonna toss my ass. And might help me relax my muscles a bit in the rougher stuff knowing i have assistance in the steering. I can’t tell you how many times i’ve been riding through the woods an a tree root or rock has almost ripped the handlebars out of my hand. Even just at cruising speeds.

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, I'm officially a banshee rider again! I finally got everything put back together and in good shape this afternoon. Needless to say, I immediately hopped on it and took it down the back roads a bit. The first ride lasted about 3 min and was terrible tho. It scared the piss out of me. So i slid back up into the driveway furious that I was unable to ride my shee anymore. So I parked it and said many cuss words regarding the bitch that caused the wreck that took my arm. I just went inside, grabbed a budweiser and sat down. Well, after about half way through my beer I said fuck it, I refuse to give up that easily. So I took it back out for round 2. Took it easy for about a mile or so kinda playing with the throttle in higher gears trying to get used to the powerband. after a few minutes it started feeling better to me. Before I knew it I was wrapping it out in 6th and grinning like crazy. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but I think I'll ok. Not gonna lie guys, after spending the last 6 years thinking I'd never get to ride it again, I had tears of joy when I hopped off and looked back at it. 🍻

• Like 4

Thanks guys. And yeah I thought about some different pipes, but I sure do hate to give up the power. Thinking about trying to trade my 450r for another banshee that I can rebuild stock and just throw a set of T5s on it. If I can find someone to trade that is. But I'd definitely get more joy out of a stock shee than that 450. I forgot how much I missed the sound, smell, and feel that only a banshee can provide. 

• Like 1