Need help ASAP!!

Corya1

I have a 2000 banshee, and I’m having a lot of issues with it starting. My dad bought it from someone that had completely destroyed the bike, and he was in the process of completely rebuilding it. Unfortunately my dad was killed in a motorcycle accident, by a man under the influence of meth. He was the best 2 stroke mechanic I knew! Well he had completely redone the engine, new pistons, new rings, cool head with 20cc domes, and new cylinders. I have since put new reeds, rebuilt the carbs, jetting is 320 mains and 27.5 pilots, new plugs, new reed cages, and assembled the whole bike. I have stock exhausts on it at the moment, waiting on bills exhausts to arrive in the next few days, and waiting on a tors removal kit. I have taken the carbs off so many times thinking I had a clogged jet or my floats were set wrong (they are at 21mm), I thought maybe it was a crank seal but I don’t think that is the case. I have to prime the carbs to get it to start, and right when it fires it will die again unless I keep hitting the throttle. Can anyone tell me if this could be due to the tors, or the parking brake? I have always been on dirt bikes and this is my first quad, I’m just stumped! I have a strong feeling it’s the tors, so I have the carbs off right now to be ready.

Not p. Brake, will run but not rev. What do you mean by prime? , define keep hitting the throttle & if you keep hitting the throttle does it stay running? Unplug all tors & retry. Does choke make any difference ...things to double check- are carb slides & bowls on correctly/ side, is choke tube on?

The choke really doesn’t help much just when it’s cold. I normally put my hand over the carb after I spray it and it starts. The els will jump but I try and keep it closer to a idle speed seeing as it’s just been built, don’t wanna run it to high before a heat cycle. Also when I put my hand over the carb it will spray a little gas on my hand. Not sure if that’s an issue or not. 

Is the engine ported and what reeds?

your main jet is huge for a stock engine and your pilots are also big for stock exhaust (if no porting and stock reeds) 

whats your elevation? 20cc domes require more octane.

it sounds like tors or carb issues. Check your crossover tube and boots for leaks. Double check your reed pedals.

I will try and adjust them tomorrow and see if that will work. 

I have performance reeds, and my new exhausts will be here Thursday so I planned ahead of time. I don’t run anything but high octane in any of my bikes. All the gaskets and intake boots are new, I’m not sure if it was ported, my dad did everything before he passed. I’m not sure of my elevation either I live in Indiana.

If no porting and those pipes your main will probably be closer to 280

doubke check your tors and parking brake and make sure their deleted. Lots of info out there on what to look for. Go to SouthTexasBanshee on YouTube and check somencarb videos. 

Might want to try ohm meter on all electrical parts. Good luck