Metal noise grinding when down shifting

Ynotsmith69

My engine is mostly new I sent it to Herr juggs over a year ago rode it a few times and it’s sat since then.. when I got it back going I noticed when I down shift while holding the clutch at a higher rate of speed I hear metal grinding or something until I’m at low first gear speeds. It runs excellent for now and shift through all gears. I think it could be the shift shaft or the shift star but I’m not sure . The engine has new 4mil long rod crank Athena cylinders wiesco pistons noss performance head dune 1-5 neutral on bottom new heavy duty clutch and lock out kit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks... unfortunately I just changed the oil luckily I have the clear case so I can see right in I was also thinking something happened with my lockout kit last time I rode it and this first happened it looked like my lockout kit was loose or something and I didn’t install it so I don’t know how it’s suppose to look on it. I’m gonna post a picture

IMG_2767.jpgIMG_2764.jpg

If its grinding you'll wanna change the oil again.

If you're that hard up on oil, lay the bike over and balance it from the bars on a tire or bench, and pull the cover and start pulling shit off.

If you're hard up for oil, you'll never wanna hear about the cover gasket.

If you're that hard up for oil you shouldn't own a bangshee.

If its grinding you'll wanna change the oil again.

If you're that hard up on oil, lay the bike over and balance it from the bars on a tire or bench, and pull the cover and start pulling shit off.

If you're hard up for oil, you'll never wanna hear about the cover gasket.

If you're that hard up for oil you shouldn't own a bangshee.

Lol truth here
Also I only replace my cover gasket if it somehow got ripped apart while disassembling

I’m not hard up for oil it’s just a bummer to drain new oil but it’s all good I’ll see what’s up in the following days and post my findings hope for simple but if it’s bad atleast I get an excuse to stay in the garage lol

You won’t know unless you take the cover off!!! Just drain the oil into a couple bottles and re use it. I’ve done it many times. Same with coolant I re use that crap all the time.  If your arms were hitting the cover I’m pressure sure you would have some marks on the inside of it 

Edited by Ayesully810

Lock out arms are supposed to be “loose”. Pull the bitch apart and then ask question if needed. If your clutch basket is worn bad it will chatter and that maybe the noise you hear. It has nothing to do with your shift shaft or shift star. Something else is going on.

• Like 1