Peg Holes

Ayesully810

I already know about the sticky.  I got about a month left of riding season before I wrap things up, so I need only a temporary fix.  Left rear is stripped.  I really only care because its the bolt that holds my chain tensioner on.  Im pretty sure I can drill and tap it up a size, but my question is, should I just cut the old ones out and weld those jds inserts in? Or ive read on here of people drilling the hole out a bit and welding a flange nut in there.  If i go that route do you think I can aluminum braze it with a torch?

Edited by Ayesully810

If i were you i would just get the jds inserts and weld in the one you need for a quick fix but honestly it would be better to just weld all 4 in since you will already have the welder and other tools out. You can drill out the old ones using a stepped drill bit. Tylers SE build thread had some good pictures of what’s required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, dano3 said:

If i were you i would just get the jds inserts and weld in the one you need for a quick fix but honestly it would be better to just weld all 4 in since you will already have the welder and other tools out. You can drill out the old ones using a stepped drill bit. Tylers SE build thread had some good pictures of what’s required.

thanks Ty

how would you drill out the old ones using a step? dont you have to cut them out around the perimeter where the weld is?

thanks Ty
how would you drill out the old ones using a step? dont you have to cut them out around the perimeter where the weld is?

You can cut them out too but i feel like it would be harder and leave your new welding surface uneven unless you are really careful with a cutoff wheel. This is what i was talking about. Drill it out until you cut through the weld and can slide the new inserts in.
e94a56da013df32f996636dfbf9a87f7.png

You can cut them out too but i feel like it would be harder and leave your new welding surface uneven unless you are really careful with a cutoff wheel. This is what i was talking about. Drill it out until you cut through the weld and can slide the new inserts in.
e94a56da013df32f996636dfbf9a87f7.png

Look like Tyler's butt plug.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

yeah jared i read that in some of your posts i was diggin up old ones, where do you get that stuff at? 

I just retapped the threads today and ran a m10 1.5 in there and it works fine, will prolly hold up for a while. real tight.

But like i said id like to do it like tyler did this winter.. what do you weld the inserts in with? tig or arc?