Mx banshee build

8 hours ago, DDQ said:

JFC, please don't give any more mx pipe advice. 

Why the JFC not, the PT mids I had where mint but where the worst quality and power ever, theres no way i would change my opinion on them.

The pipe flanges never sealed to the cylinder, I had the the first gen with no o ring making it impossble to seal 100% always mad a mess.

The alloy silencers are light but total junk and fall apart too. So ya that too

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why the JFC not, the PT mids I had where mint but where the worst quality and power ever, theres no way i would change my opinion on them.
The pipe flanges never sealed to the cylinder, I had the the first gen with no o ring making it impossble to seal 100% always mad a mess.
The alloy silencers are light but total junk and fall apart too. So ya that too

If I’m in the woods or on a track, I’d take 50whp with a good powerband over 75whp with a mid-top powerband every day. I’ve been on a few Banshees with PT mids and Dave’s pulls exactly like I feel an MX banshee should.

If you’re at 140lbs with a lightweight banshee or are a pro rider, I could see you having a few pipe options outside of SLP or PT. Having a powerband that is that low means that you have a lot of leeway to correct things after an error.

MX is a game of “make it fucking work.” You always choose what gets consistently fast lap times over anything else with MX. If a great pipe fits like shit but keeps me out front, I’m gonna damn well make it fit when I’m off the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would add that it you’re on a very high speed track or are very, very skilled, a pro circuit or FMF may be what gets you the best lap times.

However, the usual case is what you have to go by. If OP was already an A or B rider, he would have either had these answers by now or been in a sponsorship situation where he didn’t have to even ask. As such, you always assume and give the safe answer. In this case, the safe answer also happens to be one of the best answers.

You simply cannot put a rider of unknown skill on a setup with an even remotely steep torque curve and expect him to be okay when he launches from a double.

This is the same thing as suspension in the sense that the best option may not seem apparent because of things you haven’t considered. A noob learning to really push is the number one guy that needs a high end long travel setup. Whether he thinks he can justify it or whether he’s going to do it properly is an entirely different ballgame, but it may be the only thing that keeps him on all 4 wheels instead of being flown to the emergency room.

Fair enough its not really worth arguing over such a small thing, everyone has a different setup, i can see why lots of people like them for mx, no worries there.

There just not for me, the quality just is not there for me and the fit was never just right either, I was surprized after fighting the mounts for years with the PT's, then when i switched to the fmf they just fell right onto the mount and no longer leaked, im 150Ib and can really feel the added pull just about everywhere for sure.

I ride mx tracks and woods/hillclimbs, the hill climbs is where the pt is a real dog unless your clutching like a mad man, We have unlimited terrain up here id be a fool if i just setup a bike for just running around a ORV park mx track my entire season .

I got 2 dedicated mx quad setups, one mx/woods, two for hill climbs and one for bombing wide open, 5 of 6 are long travel f/r

Edited by Canada

15 minutes ago, Canada said:

I ride mx tracks and woods/hillclimbs, the hill climbs is where the pt is a real dog unless your clutching like a mad man, We have unlimited terrain up here id be a fool if i just setup a bike for just running around a ORV park mx track my entire season .

I got 2 dedicated mx quad setups, one mx/woods, two for hill climbs and one for bombing wide open, 5 of 6 are long travel f/r

So you are 2x a fool?

Ahh your only connecting some of the dots like that... but also note the words ''entire season'' and that i got 6 different quads

I can afford 2 dedicated mx quad setups, a small price to pay

Only thing i gotta be a fool for, is trying to help the OP on here when mx pro riders like ddq already are helping so much

I didn't get to be so well known and respected in the banshee community by giving bad advice. 
I did it by racing MX nationals, hitting metal ramps, taking multiple sets of pipes to tracks for comparison as well as dyno graphing different pipes on my motor to see which ones are actually better on the track. All of that I shared here to help other people.

Basically, I did all the stuff in real life that all the self proclaimed MX banshee 'experts' on here just speculate about.

Keep on keepin' on though.

Fuck.