Mid range stumble

4 hours ago, JUSTWANNARACE said:

Those could very well be athena cyls not driveline. Or could be the old RDZ cyls also. Hard to tell from the outside

athena's will say athena on the side of the cylinders too so they OP can check that, cant see that far up on the cylinder in the picture. 

Build a tester, super easy with shit from a hardware store, some people have a problem finding a low pressure gauge, I didn’t but some do. Don’t be that guy that burns down an engine by not doing the proper testing. At very least it’s piece of mind and a way to check every important gasket n seal, most importantly the previous owner craftsmanship 

• Like 1

Build a tester, super easy with shit from a hardware store, some people have a problem finding a low pressure gauge, I didn’t but some do. Don’t be that guy that burns down an engine by not doing the proper testing. At very least it’s piece of mind and a way to check every important gasket n seal, most importantly the previous owner craftsmanship 

Golden info and knowledge from someone who knows

I would say over the years at least 70% of the bikes that came in for jetting didn’t need jets at all. Mechanical n electric were always the culprit. I learned the hard way. Customer drops off bike for tuning, I start it warm it up  get 30’ away from my door and the motor locked up. After i arguing for days I finally got out of him that the bike would shut it self off, so it must have needed jets. Now before I even throw a leg over something it gets, compression, pressure, electrical . Also got to go over chassis stuff, I’ve down right have had people’s shit fall apart and almost kill me. As always, it ran great before I got here .

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sleeper06 said:

I would say over the years at least 70% of the bikes that came in for jetting didn’t need jets at all. Mechanical n electric were always the culprit. I learned the hard way. Customer drops off bike for tuning, I start it warm it up  get 30’ away from my door and the motor locked up. After i arguing for days I finally got out of him that the bike would shut it self off, so it must have needed jets. Now before I even throw a leg over something it gets, compression, pressure, electrical . Also got to go over chassis stuff, I’ve down right have had people’s shit fall apart and almost kill me. As always, it ran great before I got here .

Fucking hate those people. It's the same in remodeling. Customer has you working on their clapped out shit, and when something else goes wrong, "It wasn't like that before". Sure cocksucker, sure....

Ok. So a few things. I had the motor pressure tested and it's fine. I didn't do the actual test. In that time frame I got new carbs and intake boots. Genuine pwk mikuni 35mm. Still jetted at 170 main and 55 pilot. Still hesitates in mid range it's an ee needle. I also have dgk and cel needles and every jet from 145 to 172 main and 38 to 60 pilot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, christoph.tamz said:

Ok. So a few things. I had the motor pressure tested and it's fine. I didn't do the actual test. In that time frame I got new carbs and intake boots. Genuine pwk mikuni 35mm. Still jetted at 170 main and 55 pilot. Still hesitates in mid range it's an ee needle. I also have dgk and cel needles and every jet from 145 to 172 main and 38 to 60 pilot.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pwk are keihins not mikuni. those are 2 different carb manufacturers