Oil Appearing..

I just got a fresh top and bottom end rebuild not to long ago , ive rode the bike at least 5 times ( 3 hours give or take ) ive noticed a good size puddle coming from behind the quad every time i come back for a ride ( honestly its there sometimes even when i dont ride..) i dont know where its coming from 

But i put a paper towel under the quad after i ride and the next morning the towel has a little damp spot,  not to big honestly but its still there i dont notice the oil level dropping when i pull the dip stick out but any suggestions on where it could be coming from or If i might of over filled it?( one full quart and a half)

or maybe its just the hoses that leak out ? if not would the bike still be alright to drive with that leak being there everytime?,

One last thing the bike starting to make a ping sound at the end of revving up the motor or when im down shifting and it kind of bumps up the RPMs i get a little rattle when coming down off that high rev thought it might be the exhaust springs? (that ping started after hitting it hard full throttle )  but any suggestions on that ? Thanks 

^ Lol first thing i did man , its so small i cant notice it , it must be a small leak and when i try to follow the wet line it goes into a dry spot or a spot where the bike used to leak from the exhaust pipes and motor jugs ( front ) so it interferes with that and i notice the left carb moist so that might have to end up getting the gasket replace since the right one was leaking and ended up getting that replace fixed the problem ... all in all im sayin with that kind of leaking its making it hard to point out the spot man its frustrating . thanks tho

18 hours ago, hoppedupandcutdown said:

If you think it's coming off those nuts, it's probably gas leaking and running thru the drain hole in the cases, evaporating and leaving a bit of oil and dripping off of that nut.

i guess thats possible but i know the difference on the feel and smell ... the oil on the floor is hella slimy an thick but clear and clean so i know its fresh ..

i had some oil drip that was black from my last issue so i kno thats the old oil dripping but na theres no gas at all in the smell or feel, literally looks jus like oil but idk im stuck at work, things buggin me rn lol so i might just ended up gettin out early to give you guys a better description ill try to post pics if i see a leak that noticeable, will post when i get out  thanks again guys . 

Ye but with this Castor927 with premium you can see the color difference at least i can, for transmission oil i use Maxima MTL-E 85W Transmission Fluid so you notice the thickness difference

but yeah most def the whole motor was sparklin clean till i put back the fattys on they still had some black oil from last blow so when driving it , it started getting hot makin that oil leak back probably should cleans those too any suggestions , thanks man most def will do,  yesterday tried finding the issue havent started it since but still cant find it .

Ill try n do that today or this Friday and get back to you guys , thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

The clutch was too rough in the beginning because my lever was worn out so I was kinda smashing through gears

Could that be what caused it or just not sealed right? ( the levers replaced now shifted through gears smooth)

Is that something that needs to be takin care of asap or would it be alright when ridin it here n there..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, fckawhipboughtabanshee said:

Was told to tap the seal in so it could tighten up and to use a flathead screw driver and tap it around so it goes in even... Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not at all good on a seal,, IMO. Seals only seal when installed straight and true. Stabbing at it with a flat-tip seems the opposite of that.

Replace seal with new AND remove shaft to inspect, polish or replace.

You will be fine to ride it with the small leak...be making a mess of bike though
If you don’t have enough trans oil your burn the clutch up...
You can replace the seal without taking the shaft out...
But as suggested remove the shaft and inspect it, may as well by a modified shaft, clutch cover gasket, kickstart seal, and shift shaft seal.