My 03 build

Finally getting started on my 03 build. Right now I'm just getting things mocked up before I go after the chassis. Going to add some support to the steering stem hoop, stem stop area, and possibly a few other spots on the chassis. Redline is building a 421 serval for me so while that's out I can hopefully get the chassis done and coated. Build is for trails and play mainly. Running Fireball +2 swing arm and +2 +1 EGC front arms from Fireball as well. Going to ride on fox floats all the way around, hoping the rear gets here soon, been waiting over a month for it. Anyway, here are some pics of the progress so far. I know it's not much but it's a start.f1e5ceb28ce23ac1d5978b5f6bf314f6.jpg9a445dceabb128485a1dc2c64bd426e0.jpga5cc4008e8dbc72696b045cfc320790f.jpg84982e63d3df468acdd98a7a36f3c11b.jpg90a00b6f47abaf66a8bdbc38c9fdb7c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks folks, it's just the beginning of the build.  I wanted to get something up to show what I have so far and also get the sponsor names out their so folks can see their products. 

Ayesully810, not sure what randal is but hoping it's a good thing lol!

Gusto, yes, Cameron will be putting the motor on the dyno.  From our initial talk he is going to dyno the motor with a number of different sets of pipes to see if one really stands out over another.  I don't currently have pipes to go with the new motor so it is up in the air yet what I will be going with.  Given the type of riding and setting it up as more a mid range motor and not a high winder Cameron tossed out the idea of possibly PT's, Toomey's, and SLP's.  It will kinda depend on how the motor reacts with the different pipes and make a judgement call from there.  These will only be dyno numbers and not real world so it may take some playing around once it's fully back together to REALLY see what pipe the motor likes.  As for the carbs, I have no idea yet, just guessing I would say 33 or 35's.  This is a complete build of the motor, jugs, head, crank, the works.  This is also known as the empty your fucking wallet build lol!  The quad came with a 2 into 1 intake and a decent PWK 35, pipes it had some decent FMF fatty sst's.  The motor itself was total fubar though. 

Tony

Guess I should list what's on it so far.  Lonestar +1 stem, axle, rear brake hub, and front and rear wheel hubs.  Added flex bars to the mix, I've never run these before and wanted to give them a try.  I know some will give me shit about my wheel choice and that's fine, I went with Hiper wheels because I like them lol.  I hit up JDS Customs for the under radiator cdi bracket, front mount coolant tank bracket, JL Engineering DC conversion kit and a Kompulsive wiring harness.  All of those products came from JDS and everything is top notch!  Not sure if I will stick with the front mount coolant tank or not, time will tell especially when it comes time to mount a steering stabilizer.  As I mentioned in the OP, I have a Fireball +2 swing arm and carrier and also their +2 +1 EGC front arms.  Eventually it will be fully suspended by fox shocks, floats up front currently and still waiting on a podium in the rear.

Tony

Thanks guys!  I should make the disclaimer that this won't be an overnight build like one of Tyler's bikes lol.  I'm focusing on getting things in the chassis at this point to make sure it all bolts up correctly first and also this will give me a good idea clearance wise where to add some support for the chassis.  Needless to say I'd be pissed if I got the chassis back from powder coat and did final assembly to find that where support was added is in the way of another part!

@ SandSlingerOR, I knew I might catch some shit about the LSR stuff, it's all good though lol.  I've heard some folks like their stuff and others have had problems.  I'm one that has always received top quality parts from them and they have always treated me great from a customer service aspect.  I was a gnat fart away from going with a Fireball stem but decided to stick with the LSR unit.

The thing I'm having the hardest time finding is a damn puck style steering stabilizer, those MF'ers seem to be like hens teeth!!  I tried Fastway and they stopped making them for the banshee a while back and Precision doesn't make one for the banshee and don't plan to either.  I know you can get the stick style but from the reading I've done on here it's seems pretty 50/50 on whether they really do anything or not.  Nice thing about the stick style is they are cheap compared to the puck style.

Tony

Great build so far. I personally would of went stock length arm. That’s what I did on my redline 421 serval and I love it. I havnt had any issues with my lsr stuff. Don’t forget to buy a oversized asi eBay radiator. For levers I would get the asv c6 series pro pack. Awesome levers way better then the previous ones 

Edited by bluebanshee98