ATV Galaxy don't like me.

I'd like to assume most of their orders end up being custom work orders.... especially lets say on trophy trucks... but those types of customers dont deal with those idiotic front desk dipshits...

I highly doubt if a trophy truck driver / mech called fox and said I need a custom length shock for this their going to say sorry but we dont do custom shocks whats the year and make of your vehicle and I can give you our standard shocks for that application... uhhh

7 minutes ago, ride.race.live said:

I'd like to assume most of their orders end up being custom work orders.... especially lets say on trophy trucks... but those types of customers dont deal with those idiotic front desk dipshits...

I highly doubt if a trophy truck driver / mech called fox and said I need a custom length shock for this their going to say sorry but we dont do custom shocks whats the year and make of your vehicle and I can give you our standard shocks for that application... uhhh

Most of their orders are OEM orders for OEM customers (Ford, AC, Polaris, etc). Not custom work orders. 

I've been following this topic and I can see both points of view on the subject.  I think specialblend got pretty damn close to hitting the nail on the head when it comes to the sport quad market becoming more and more extinct.  I've personally run into this while ordering parts for my KFX 450.  The 4 stroke quad scene was the rage for a few years and then UTV's came along and it has died out and the aftermarket is drying up rather quickly for the 4 stroke quads, unless it's the Yamaha or Honda variety.  Try ordering a Carrillo rod for a KFX450, you'll hear a lot of crickets on the other end of the phone.  Go back 5 years and they were in stock at most places selling parts for those types of quads.

On the other side of the fence, the following for let's just say a Yamaha Banshee for the sake of argument, it's damn near a cult following and if you're in the industry making parts of this nature how could you not know what a Banshee is and at the very least someone in a tech department be somewhat familiar with one.

I can fully understand most folks not knowing specifics on how to properly set up a shock for your specific application.  There are just way to many variables involved for someone to know all the details.  A good tech or service rep/shop though should be able to get you in the ballpark with some pretty good seats as well.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Tony