Sniper Racing! Wayne’s Auto Parts and Chroming!

Jetnbyu93

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Glad to be a HQ member!😀

I haven’t any issues with the kicker getting stuck, well not as of yet lol. I have really been debating taking them off and putting a set of IMS pegs on but just been lazy and not completely sure yet. 

To tell the truth the bad lighting pics really don’t do the Chroming much justice it’s the real deal show quality. I’m sure it has to do with the copper plating and buffing steps they do. 

7 hours ago, Jetnbyu93 said:

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Glad to be a HQ member!😀

I haven’t any issues with the kicker getting stuck, well not as of yet lol. I have really been debating taking them off and putting a set of IMS pegs on but just been lazy and not completely sure yet. 

To tell the truth the bad lighting pics really don’t do the Chroming much justice it’s the real deal show quality. I’m sure it has to do with the copper plating and buffing steps they do. 

Plating shows the metal prep underneath it, the more time the plater (or customers) spend getting the metal smooth and straight(relatively speaking) the better the chrome on top ends up.

Going to be getting into my mustangs chrome at the end of the summer. The bumpers are going to cost 2 g's once I am done, between deleting the bumper bolts, tucking them into the body and the "show chrome" plate job.

Good chrome isn't cheap.

3 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

Plating shows the metal prep underneath it, the more time the plater (or customers) spend getting the metal smooth and straight(relatively speaking) the better the chrome on top ends up.

Going to be getting into my mustangs chrome at the end of the summer. The bumpers are going to cost 2 g's once I am done, between deleting the bumper bolts, tucking them into the body and the "show chrome" plate job.

Good chrome isn't cheap.

I had banshee pipes quoted here by a shop who strictly does show chrome pieces for car shows, exotics, etc.

I was quoted close to $1,000 for the pipes and stingers. When my jaw hit the floor he offered me a number of another company and said they're much cheaper but you won't get a true show chrome. His process was sanding then polishing the bare pipes several times, then plating. 

2 minutes ago, specialblend07 said:

I had banshee pipes quoted here by a shop who strictly does show chrome pieces for car shows, exotics, etc.

I was quoted close to $1,000 for the pipes and stingers. When my jaw hit the floor he offered me a number of another company and said they're much cheaper but you won't get a true show chrome. His process was sanding then polishing the bare pipes several times, then plating. 

yeah sounds about right, more money in the labor than the actual chrome....If you want gorgeous chrome, pay the money, you will be happy with the finished product....

21 hours ago, lastnline75 said:

Why not? Ran them on mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Because they hit the frame on one side.

21 hours ago, specialblend07 said:

I also ran them on mine.

Good for you two who could run them. I guess the pipes vary from set to set. I got the clamps from redline and he specifically told me that would hit the frame. So that's odd you two also had BBIF shearers but it worked.