Best Diesel Anti-Gelling Additive?

TrickedCarbine01

Not sure if what we get out of the pump has the additive for winter. I picked it up with like an 1/8th of a tank and last night the temp dropped and you could hear the pump working pretty hard to move the fuel before I filled up and did additive. Guess a Fass lift pump should help. 

Air dogg/ fass lift pumps are great Duramaxs do not have factory fuel /lift pumps The CP3/injection pump does all the work it sits in the valley of the engine so it pulls the fuel all by it's self a lift pump would help supply fuel pressure which would then in return help your fuel injectors and give your injection pump a longer life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Columbus350 said:

Air dogg/ fass lift pumps are great Duramaxs do not have factory fuel /lift pumps The CP3/injection pump does all the work it sits in the valley of the engine so it pulls the fuel all by it's self a lift pump would help supply fuel pressure which would then in return help your fuel injectors and give your injection pump a longer life

Ordered a Fass lift pump, high idle kit, valve body, Volant Intake, and pump rub kit, and an Idaho Rob EFI Live set up with the Edge controller. 

1 hour ago, ginger said:

what parts are you talking about?  only thing that fail under heavy abuse are tie rods.   and thats in 4wd. 

tie rods mostly, but i would not call their failure only under "heavy" abuse..... Seen several gm hd's with broken tie rods on their way into or out of glamis hooked to a toy hauler......

there are a million different options to solve that issue.  I have to rods with normal rod ends on them, pretty beefy.   I havent seen anyone bend them around here besides in a truck pull situation.  

Ordered a Fass lift pump, high idle kit, valve body, Volant Intake, and pump rub kit, and an Idaho Rob EFI Live set up with the Edge controller. 

Heck yeah you're off to a good start I've never heard of that intake though,pump rub kit is an absolute must .. after you're done with all that put you a 3 inch downpipe with a 4 inch pipe from the turbo back, my LBZ screams ,that was the first mod I done when I got my truck
I didn't know they sold high idle kits I ran 12 V on a switch to the ECM to the PTO circuit , it is controlled by the cruise control switches 800 rpm's 1200 rpm's 1800 rpm's are the settings
Idaho Rob does excellent tunes!

Yeah I love my Nerf bars N-fab three-step they are very solid and durable very heavy duty and I had them line x The bed and my bars while I was at it not slippery at all wife and kids love it.

The only steering components on a GM that are weak are the pencil stick tie rods like everything else there is upgrade kits so it's not a problem, those will only break if you do lots of boosted launches guys will also upgrade the Pitman arm and idler arm just because they take it off rode and are rough with it

2 hours ago, Toybreaker said:

how do you GM drivers keep from breaking steering components, other than driving like old ladies?

There are a variety of quality replacements that are beefed up. I even did kryptonite parts on my 1500. Their 2500 stuff is stout!