521 Cub carbs questions

Hey all! As the new year comes around, riding season for me is coming up too. I’ve just gotten my 521 motor done, except I need bigger carbs. Right now I have Mikuni VM30 carbs. I was looking at Mikuni VM38 snowmobile carbs. Does anyone have experience with these? I’m open to ideas here. I’m also not opposed to a big single carb since tuning would be much easier. Also I want to know about the cable setup, as I had to modify my stock cable just a little bit for the VM30s, but they work great. Anyway thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I built the motor, and you read that right about the single carb. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a big motor Banshee though.

Also guys, about what jet sizes would I need on the pwks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I built the motor, and you read that right about the single carb. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on a big motor Banshee though.

Also guys, about what jet sizes would I need on the pwks?

Start rich, work your way down. When your coming down in size, do plug chops. End goal is to have the cardboard color on your burn ring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Start rich, work your way down. When your coming down in size, do plug chops. End goal is to have the cardboard color on your burn ring.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Of course of course. However I have no idea where to even start because I know nothing about Keihin carbs as I’ve been using Mikunis.

521cc cub motor, 23cc super cub domes, 50/50 93 octane-110 octane Turbo Blue mixed at 32:1 Maxima Formula K2, +4 timing, and unfortunately still the FMF golds that came on the bike when I got it. Probably wouldn’t hurt to get a couple sizes up and down from those too right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would start with what I posted. The pilot should be right on, but with those pipes I bet the main will drop to a 162-165.

Alright, and that’s on which size pwk? You said 39 or 41. I ride woods with some hillclimbs and drags occasionally. (Yes I know it’s a lot of motor for woods lol) I’m not looking for the bleeding edge of power either since the motor is so big anyway, plus it’s a lot of money to risk leaning out and blowing up