Lacking bottom end performance

Whats up everybody. Just got my shee put together, everything done is listed in my sig. Running a true stock timing curve with +4 added that i programmed into the dynatek box. So its the same as a stock cdi and +4 at the plate. The bike has arm ripping power once it hits power band and never stops pulling. I love it! But when im riding trails in my 20acres of trees, i always find myself in 1st or in second revvin her up and dumpin the clutch around every turn. Its lacking bottom end. Its my 1st shee, is there something i can add to the build list that will improve its bottom end power but now hurt top much? Or is this just the nature of the beast with dune ported cylinders. 

32 minutes ago, Wreckless_Rider said:

Whats up everybody. Just got my shee put together, everything done is listed in my sig. Running a true stock timing curve with +4 added that i programmed into the dynatek box. So its the same as a stock cdi and +4 at the plate. The bike has arm ripping power once it hits power band and never stops pulling. I love it! But when im riding trails in my 20acres of trees, i always find myself in 1st or in second revvin her up and dumpin the clutch around every turn. Its lacking bottom end. Its my 1st shee, is there something i can add to the build list that will improve its bottom end power but now hurt top much? Or is this just the nature of the beast with dune ported cylinders. 

Well it's a banshee soooo.....

Buy a 4 stroke.

• Like 2

I have a big serval and it's been years since i road a 450/400ex but if i remember correctly, the 4 strokes were far more snappy, fun, easy and had usable power. So id recommend a 4 stroke for slow trail riding. My 100hp+ engine is an absolute waste for fast riding in tight stuff.

• Like 1

I have dune ported stock cylinders, and I'm guessing 20cc domes, vf4's, stock carbs, pc pipes, lightend fly wheel, +4 timing plate 14-41 gearing 20" tires and Hella rich on the jets. It is a blast to ride, got pretty decent low end, but it's still a banshee. I am going to have Cam do a promod for me one day and a 4mill crank.

A banshee will never have good low end power without hurting top end power, you get one or the other and usually the low end never ends up being great.
I agree with this statement to a certain extent... Depending on your setup you can definitely get good bottom end power out of a banshee (my experience) but he is right the top-end will not be like they r known for.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SandSlingerOR said:

I have dune ported stock cylinders, and I'm guessing 20cc domes, vf4's, stock carbs, pc pipes, lightend fly wheel, +4 timing plate 14-41 gearing 20" tires and Hella rich on the jets. It is a blast to ride, got pretty decent low end, but it's still a banshee. I am going to have Cam do a promod for me one day and a 4mill crank.

The fact that it's dune ported means you're already sacrificing a little low end. And that lightened flywheel is killing you in the trails. They really are more for drag racing where it gets revved up for the run and that's it. When you are in trails you need the extra mass on the flywheel to keep the inertia when you are in and out of the throttle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

The fact that it's dune ported means you're already sacrificing a little low end. And that lightened flywheel is killing you in the trails. They really are more for drag racing where it gets revved up for the run and that's it. When you are in trails you need the extra mass on the flywheel to keep the inertia when you are in and out of the throttle. 

I've heard of heavy fly wheels helping in that department, but honestly I can't tell a difference. For being a stock stroke this thing rips and is a absolute blast to ride. 

When I think of low end, I think of power before the power band. SLP pipes just shift the power band much earlier.

I wouldn't mind a heavier Flywheel on my bike. Then again it doesn't need one. You mostly see that on two stroke dirtbike to get traction and/or tame the hit.

When I think of low end, I think of power before the power band. SLP pipes just shift the power band much earlier.

I wouldn't mind a heavier Flywheel on my bike. Then again it doesn't need one. You mostly see that on two stroke dirtbike to get traction and/or tame the hit.
I can say that riding a setup geared toward low end power with slps (lp cylinders) was like riding a 4 stroke, the power was just there all the time when u wanted it.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1