Be Very careful where you send your Motor!!!!!

887ru

I'm just gonna throw this out there, if you used the expander ring they send in the pro x box behind the ring then that was your issue not the piston to wall clearance especially if you didn' gap the ring correctly. And I can almost bet it was a pain in the ass to slide the cyl over the rings with that oil ring in there. Those go in the garbage. 

You may have to chalk this one up to lack of experience on engine assembly if you put that expander ring in. With a cast piston you can run tighter clearances as the do not expand as much as a forged. I can almost bet that it was because of that crinkled piece of wire behind the ring making the ring to tight to the cyl wall. Jmo

Did the person you took it to the 2nd time tell you exactly what the piston to wall clearance was? 

Edited by JUSTWANNARACE

You may have to chalk this one up to lack of experience on engine assembly if you put that expander ring in. With a cast piston you can run tighter clearances as the do not expand as much as a forged. I can almost bet that it was because of that crinkled piece of wire behind the ring making the ring to tight to the cyl wall. Jmo
Did the person you took it to the 2nd time tell you exactly what the piston to wall clearance was? 
Logic has no place here. GTFO

10 hours ago, n2otoofast4u said:
15 hours ago, JUSTWANNARACE said:

Logic has no place here. GTFO

Yes he did. With or without the expander rings there was no wall clearance. I have no other issue with him. He seemed like a cool guy and got my stuff done. His port work was very good. Just wish he hadnt forgoten or ignored what he said he would do.

Edited by Yeepo

You do know he goes out to sea for like 2 weeks at a time for work. Send him a message to remind him. 
Thanks zilla and to anyone who must know..
This has been remedied i think. There was a mix up of some sort. Little more to the story but these 2 sets of cyls were done back in feb of this year. My bore guy has never made a mistake before but either mixed up pistons or was able to bore to a smaller size and didnt tell me. Not sure exactly what happened but i refunded the bore money out of my pocket for now until i can talk to him about this. I doubt he remembers it was so long ago but again.. Sorry for inconvenience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks zilla and to anyone who must know..
This has been remedied i think. There was a mix up of some sort. Little more to the story but these 2 sets of cyls were done back in feb of this year. My bore guy has never made a mistake before but either mixed up pistons or was able to bore to a smaller size and didnt tell me. Not sure exactly what happened but i refunded the bore money out of my pocket for now until i can talk to him about this. I doubt he remembers it was so long ago but again.. Sorry for inconvenience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thats good customer service right there

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk