Stock Petcock 35PWK's with Oversized Bowls Question?

Dalton

Hello currently running a dual pingle with my 421 setup and 35PWK's..

Wanting a petcock with a reserve. Could I upgrade carb bowls to oversized and if I did so would stock petcock flow enough fuel to feed carbs adequately? 

What are your thoughts on this. Thanks

Wanting a petcock with a reserve. Could I upgrade carb bowls to oversized and if I did so would stock petcock flow enough fuel to feed carbs adequately? 

Over sized bowls only help out for short term runs. If your racing down a fire road once the bowl is depleted your back to relying on your petcock flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, spurdy said:

Over sized bowls only help out for short term runs. If your racing down a fire road once the bowl is depleted your back to relying on your petcock flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Ayesully810 said:

Pingel makes one with reserve. Bigger bowls won't matter as much as a dual pingel will.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

I see that they do. I'll have to call them and find out what specs are....what capacity reserve is.  Any one running one?

You could run a stock petcock depending on what you are doing. If just trail riding and not long pulls you will be fine.

Take the stock petcock and mod it. You can open it up some to flow more. Also mod the gas tank cap to allow air in better. Don't want the tank to air lock and not flow fuel.

4 minutes ago, ZillaFreak said:

You could run a stock petcock depending on what you are doing. If just trail riding and not long pulls you will be fine.

Take the stock petcock and mod it. You can open it up some to flow more. Also mod the gas tank cap to allow air in better. Don't want the tank to air lock and not flow fuel.

That's an idea opening up petcock more to flow fuel. I've already opened up the stock fuel cap to flow more air. Works good.

1 hour ago, Dalton said:

I called Pingle today and the height is about the same between the race version and reserve version....with reserve being about a gallon of fuel. It's about $162 between pingle and adapter plate.  I'll probably go this route. Thanks.

1 hour ago, ZillaFreak said:

that guy is a little off.

But if it works, it works. If it works for others who's set up pull a lot more fuel than small engines with small carbs, then it isnt needed. If it is no needed, then people need to stop recommending parts that people should be buying. Just cut the fuel cap which is free and save money.

6 minutes ago, RagunCajun said:

But if it works, it works. If it works for others who's set up pull a lot more fuel than small engines with small carbs, then it isnt needed. If it is no needed, then people need to stop recommending parts that people should be buying. Just cut the fuel cap which is free and save money.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 1