At $700 a set, are toomey t5's overrated?

For what it's worth I have a 4mm serval ported for trail riding and dunes and it has the t5's on it. I am very happy with them. Is spending another 600-700 for another set of pipes than experimenting a weekend or two on jetting and what not going to be worth it? Might be. Seems to be a lot of hype with toomey being the lesser favored pipe on here. I wouldn't mind getting a set of good used shearers in frames small or big bore. 

Just got back from the trails tonight and wow is all I can say. I can't believe how much of a difference air pods made. Went up two pilot sizes and one on main and nailed it first try. 62/170 

• 3 months later...

Toomeys are good pipes. I can't say that they perform any better than the FMF's or Pro Circuits though. I think they all do great for all around riding. Honestly if it were my money, I'd probably just snag a new set of Fatties off eBay. You can usually find em for under 500. I'm actually selling my FMF's, only because I really want to try a set of the DMC's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are.

Pro Circuits were killer on my 4 mil. Massive mid range. I sold them for CPI and noticed no difference on that motor.

im sure though that the CPI will be better on my serval although there are two conflicting dyno graphs in the dyno section so who knows.

wished I kept them

I plan on running a set of bills pipes (big bore bills or B3s) on my 10 mil next year. My uncle BILL is friends with the owner of bills pipes, whos name ironically isnt bill, its felacio. He named the company after my uncle.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, gusto said:

They are.

Pro Circuits were killer on my 4 mil. Massive mid range. I sold them for CPI and noticed no difference on that motor.

im sure though that the CPI will be better on my serval although there are two conflicting dyno graphs in the dyno section so who knows.

wished I kept them

Exactly. I was quite impressed with the cpi's on my dune ported cylinders, I switched to pc's thinking it'd be a big difference and it wasn't really a big drop off or change in power.

Edited by SandSlingerOR

On October 2, 2017 at 12:07 AM, salmon_slayer06 said:

For what it's worth I have a 4mm serval ported for trail riding and dunes and it has the t5's on it. I am very happy with them. Is spending another 600-700 for another set of pipes than experimenting a weekend or two on jetting and what not going to be worth it? Might be. Seems to be a lot of hype with toomey being the lesser favored pipe on here. I wouldn't mind getting a set of good used shearers in frames small or big bore. 

Just got back from the trails tonight and wow is all I can say. I can't believe how much of a difference air pods made. Went up two pilot sizes and one on main and nailed it first try. 62/170 

Your motor would barely rev on big bore shearers. I'm in Michigan and have CPI's, Shearers, BB Shearers, GRR Suicides, and CT inframe drag pipes you could try. 

5 hours ago, Ayesully810 said:

I plan on running a set of bills pipes (big bore bills or B3s) on my 10 mil next year. My uncle BILL is friends with the owner of bills pipes, whos name ironically isnt bill, its felacio. He named the company after my uncle.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

🤔 frigg you for sellin' dem SLP's. Lol. 

55 minutes ago, trickedcarbine said:

🤔 frigg you for sellin' dem SLP's. Lol.

My buddy has em on his ported stock cyl bike. He might sell the whole bike this year for 2500.  Its a decent bike.

and everybody I was totally joking about the bills pipes..

Their b3 pipes wont even be available until 2020 after trump is re-elected

• Like 1