At $700 a set, are toomey t5's overrated?

I just got another banshee recently. Last one i sold over 12 years ago. When i left the scene fmf's were all the rage. Now I see that toomey t5's seem to be on every banshee on every youtube video. Are they truly good or are they overrated? (say for an unported stock crank banshee)

• 4 weeks later...

You can pick up a set of Pro Circuits cheap used. IMO theyre the best used pipe for the money, and they have been proven to put out good hp on ported or bigger motors.

If i am buy new right now i would get Shearer for top end, CPI for all around and top end, SLP for low end and trails.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gusto said:

lets hear a comparison of the pipes you've rode.

I feel like the CPIs are like Pro Circuits on steroids. Big powerful mid range with a higher rev.

For overall riding (for how and where I ride) I honestly love the slps so far, ppl r prolly sick of me saying It im sure.  Next would be pro  circuits, imo the slps, pro circuits and fmfs are all really similar as far as how the power comes on.  I think the pro circuits rev a little more than the fms and slps it feels like, but the power with slps comes on much harder than the other two.  Slps, pro circuits, fmfs a far as order for how hard the hit is.  Toomeys I rode on a drag ported speed freaks motor and it had literally zero bottom end but pulled like hard up top from what I remember.  Shearers I had on my redline setup and it sucked for trails and dunes,  If I wasn't ringing its neck the whole time It was a turd to ride, jmo.  Id really like to try CPIs and 916 though I feel like those would work kinda good for my riding style.  Really wish I could have ridden all these pipes on one particular setup for a more accurate review bc all 4 setups these were on were different. take it for what its worth

Edited by Ayesully810
  • Like 1