My 2017 setup.

So a compression change should not effect the plug gap spec requirement. I guess what I'm trying to ask since I've installed 21cc dome my compression has increased over stock does the oem gap still apply, or should a different gap be used.
Its just a question after reading through this thread, I assumed that plugs come pre gapped, but checked 4 sets I had just now, not a single one was within spec (BR8ES type) from the dealer. Going to double check here on in.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

On 7/26/2017 at 6:32 PM, ClaudeMachining said:

Dunno about power increase. The curves shifted for sure, i still have room for comp, will try 19cc and 18cc soon. I m at 155psi with 20cc and 100ll right now.

Envoyé de mon GT-P5113 en utilisant Tapatalk

Claude,

It sounds like you and I have very similar engines.  I started out my build running 100ll also.  I started with 20cc domes and it was too much compression for the octane rating of 100ll.  I was backing plugs out...

Just saying to be careful here.  I think I was at 180 psi with 100ll at the time.  I ended up going to 22cc domes for reliability and longevity.  I didnt miss the extra down low grunt from the switch all that much.

2 hours ago, Profilact said:

Claude,

It sounds like you and I have very similar engines.  I started out my build running 100ll also.  I started with 20cc domes and it was too much compression for the octane rating of 100ll.  I was backing plugs out...

Just saying to be careful here.  I think I was at 180 psi with 100ll at the time.  I ended up going to 22cc domes for reliability and longevity.  I didnt miss the extra down low grunt from the switch all that much.

i  hear you, but 100ll can handle more than 155psi, that's where i am at.

;-)

• Like 1