Teixeira Tech Long Travel YFZ arms on a Banshee

I've been thinking since a lot of people are running stock yfz arms on their banshees how far off would a set of aftermarket long travel arms be from mounting up on a banshee?

I race and ride desert 99% of the time and having some Teixeira Tech Max Ground Clearance arms on my banshee with some Elka long travel shocks would be bad-fuckin-ass

Have any of you guys tried using aftermarket long travel YFZ arms on your Banshee? What are some of the Pro's and Con's associated with what I want to do? Do you guys think its even possible or plausible to do what I wanna do? 

Appreciate your input

15 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

Just buy the alba long travel arms MADE FOR A BANSHEE and be done with it.

Why would you want to nigger rig your banshee with yfz shit?

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

From what I've seen people doing with the stock yfz arms it doesnt look like its to far off of the banshee set up so I was just throwing around the idea so I could run longer shocks and ultimatley have more travel. I know fireball makes a sick set up that uses 19.5" shocks but they arent the max ground clearance style like Alba and Teixeira Tech. I have the alba long travel arms on it right now

11 minutes ago, rjdgriff said:

Go ahead, just buy the shit you want and don't listen to us idiots. Have fun.

Giving away "TSS" for FREE!!!

Man if I had money to blow like that I wouldnt be on here askin you assholes questions like this lol I dont know how close the yfz and banshee fronts ends are geometrically so I figured since I saw people doing it with stock arms I would throw it out there and see whats holding people back from doing it with aftermarket arms or if anybody has givin it a shot 

2 hours ago, trickedcarbine said:

Definitely do not do that. The YFZ stuff has horrible ball joint geometry as it is when mounted to the banshee pivot points. Now add even more travel to that and I see a snapped or failed ball joint in your future. 

Yeah Im not going to I was just thinking it would be cool if it was close enough to work. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, locogato11283 said:

You'd think by now everyone would've heard not to put YFZ shit on a Banshee.

That means one of two things...

1. There are lots of new Banshee riders all the time.

2. Everyone is stupid.

I'm going with door number 2 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

+1 on the Alba.  Quality is pretty good and price is excellent!  

My experience was on a heavily built Serval,  I never did get the weight transfer sorted with LT.  Rebuilt aftermarket shocks twice but really the +2+1 handled better for me on my application.

On 5/26/2017 at 3:58 PM, zmoto93 said:

From what I've seen people doing with the stock yfz arms it doesnt look like its to far off of the banshee set up so I was just throwing around the idea so I could run longer shocks and ultimatley have more travel. I know fireball makes a sick set up that uses 19.5" shocks but they arent the max ground clearance style like Alba and Teixeira Tech. I have the alba long travel arms on it right now

Fireball, ALBA LT, laeger ect.... all have gull wing style a arms... so yes...... fireball does have that "max" ground clearance gull wing style a arm...

Fireball doesnt quite have the same gull wing style but still considered gull wing....

iVvehbW.jpg

Fireball arms run one of the most longest shocks for a banshee on LT arms... Laeger ect all run 17.5" if I rememeber right.... doesnt mean it offers more travel though...

just becuase you go from a 17.5" shock to a 19.5" doesnt mean your gaining travel one bit...  from my exp the only real upside to fireball is the pre load sag.... meaning it takes longer for your front tires to get off the ground vs other LT arm styles that dont utulize as much zpl sag