Lone Star Banshee frame opinions?

It's definitely lighter . My lsr replacement frame weights 31 lbs , my fully lightened drag frame with everything cut out of it , bare min left weights 31lbs. Easy way to lose 15lbs off of your bike . Not to mention almost every oem frame is rotted from the inside out . I kept blowing my foot pegs out of oem frames . Once a year I would get another oem frame. Knock on wood the lsr frame is holding of strong.

Chromoly bends and breaks just the same with a hard enough crash. An oem banshee frame holds up pretty well and you can always gusset in high stress areas for cheap. I would stick with oem, for the price of an oem geometry lsr frame you can line your shelf with an oem frame in diff colors for each day of the week.

I would say yes they are worth it, I did a bunch of cleanup work on the welds and powder coat on the OEM frame. I wish I just went with the lighter chromoly LSR unit.

They are lighter like 15-20 lb and have pro peg mounts as an option. You can also ask for some things like extra built in skid plate mount tabs for a few extra dollars, also they are already powdercoated and wont rust.

After speaking to some people who have done builds with aftermarket frames, the challenge is getting everything to bolt on perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a valid concern.

I experienced this when building my Laeger Pro-Trax chassis.

Most everything fit, but many things did not fit the same as oem. A number of items had to be "massaged" into place.

I have no idea if this holds true for one of these LSR oem replacement frames or not.

I do know this, the chromoly frame and components of my Laeger have been far more durable then an oem frame in my experience.

Surely turbo chassis could prolly make you a chromoly replacement frame out of whatever od chromoly you would like . I am very curious on what he would want for a chromoly frame bare bones just the frame, and an idea of a weight.

Depends how detailed you want it. He is doing single arm drag frames that look like OEM for certain race rules. But when I asked for a dual arm version with all the tabs and brackets, he politely turned it down.