Glamis Sand Dunes

Hey guys i just had some questions about Glamis. I was reading an article tonight in the april 03 dirt wheels about glamis and me and 3 of my friends got this great idea about goin there on spring brake of our senior year. We are sophomores now and we live in jerseyso its gonna be a long fun drive out west (well atleast we hope). I was just wondering wut u think would be a good time to go when there is a ton off ppl there? would spring break be a good time? i was also thinkin maybe the summer after we graduate like wait 2 months till i get my license and i can drive to but i dont wanna go when its reall hot. wut is your opinion? Do u even think Glamis is worth the trip? how bout St. Anthony Dunes in Idaho?? just some opinions would be cool. thanks guys! again i wanna go on the busiest holiday weekend in a cool whether conditions.

The busyest times of the year are Thanksgiving and New years. Last year I went to spring break at the dunes, it was kinda hot but it wasn't too bad. There wasn't a whole lot of peole there ether. But I hope its worth it to you guys to drive all that way, for me it is. :D

127 degrees in the summer, so don't go then. If you want to go there when the most crowds are there, the go any holiday weekend from november through march, with Thanksgiving and Newyears having the largest draws.

The only problem about driving that far to dune Glamis, is that once you go home, you will be so disapointed with all the places you dune ride now.

Glamis rules.

Listen to me closely,

Do not go to Glamis on Spring Break. Go to Glamis on Thanksgiving or New years. If you guys are wanting to find some real spring break fun, load up your Banshees and go to Rocky Point, Mexico. Also known as Puerto Penasco. This is where all of the younger crowd goes for spring break. Just imagine.....Beach riding, sand mountain, riding your Banshee up to any bar or club you want (atv's are allowed on the streets) and the drinking age is 18. It really isn't much farther than you are already traveling. Plus, you can hit Glamis on the way back. Just pack a bunch of advils and a bunch of rubbers.

if your gonna make the drive you need to spend at least a week and and visit the 3 main areas to get a really good impression of the imperial sand dunes.there is a lot of sand there and glamis isnt the only place to ride.i would also recommend the thanksgiving weekend or the newyears as they are really big and lots to see.

Glamis tends to be mostly bowls and big hills(well unless its been windy). So if you're looking for 80% people watching and 20% riding bowls then its a good place to go on a holiday weekend. People out there are all about showing off so you get some really good stories, and see some real idiots. Have you considered Roostfest 2004 from March 4-7 or whatever it is? Its posted under the 'riding and events' forum. That'll be at Dumont Dunes which is near Vegas. Dumont is supposedly mostly razorbacks and big hills.

Thanksgiving is too big a Glamis weekend IMHO.

Not even really a weekend as the crowds start showing up the week prior and stay through thanksgiving.

If you just want to sit at olds and watch the crowds then by all means.

On any big holiday weekend there will be lots of big money rolling around out there to look at, but also way crowded and lots of rangers.

Plus, on any big weekend competition hill will be closed down at night.

I prefer the "off" weekends. Hell, I'd go midweek right after the wind blows hard if I could arrange it more often.

Season start in October and die hards with high heat tolerances ride through May.

As far as spring break goes, if I were you I'd go to San Felipe Mexico.