Two Sphinx PV cylinders on banshee bottom

You got variable exhaust timing. How can you achieve that without power valves??

I maybe dont know shit about banshee, but i know a thing or two about Rotax engine with RAVE on it.

Not really.

A PV is there to adjust the exhaust valve timing. Something all those things can't do. Smaller carbs might make a broad curve, but it does it by killing the top end. Same with pipes. Same with cylinders aka port specs. Same with gearing. Have to sacrifice something to gain something. A PV cylinder should be able to give you the exhaust port timing of a cub and a serval where it matters.

Powa and powa curve can be altered by components I stated. Canada so ur answer is because u can have a variable ext timing. There's at least an answer to why it's good if it works. That's the other deal if it works, for how long it works, and how much it impacts powa. Zilla had an answer that applies but does it work? I've been on a PV or two and like to see why peeps like PV

Powa and powa curve can be altered by components I stated. Canada so ur answer is because u can have a variable ext timing. There's at least an answer to why it's good if it works. That's the other deal if it works, for how long it works, and how much it impacts powa. Zilla had an answer that applies but does it work? I've been on a PV or two and like to see why peeps like PV

Tons of 250R stuff with PV's sorted out. Certainly makes for a more controllable ride. Just about useless for drag racing unless the machine is a heavy bitch. Plenty of drag snowmobiles still run PV's surprisingly.

As i said, i got expérience with Rotax pv engines and it works very well.

That lead me to a question, i'm asking myself since the first time i came here on bhq:

Why there is not much power valves setup on Shee engines? What's the problem?

I was thinking of pv setup for my next engine built, but if almost nobody is able to make it work as good as on a snomow, i will scrap the project right away.

I'm thinking the first couple of power valve setups that came out the Banshee was relatively popular and people could live with small HP Motors that they could turn into good trail quads. Now when the sport is more limited people want to go bigger and by this time the power valve cylinders that were out didn't work right so no one makes anymore I'd love to see somebody make a setup that actually works.

As i said, i got expérience with Rotax pv engines and it works very well.

That lead me to a question, i'm asking myself since the first time i came here on bhq:

Why there is not much power valves setup on Shee engines? What's the problem?

I was thinking of pv setup for my next engine built, but if almost nobody is able to make it work as good as on a snomow, i will scrap the project right away.

There has always been PV options. But here is why you don't see many. Most guys dumping the big bucks in to these ol machines are drag/dune racers. No PV needed. Those that really benefit from them are trail guys. Majority of the trail guys aren't building high dollar stuff. It's basically a dollar to fun ratio. If the banshee was touted and designed as a Moto X machine, I'd bet it would be a totally different story. But it was a machine aimed at being king of the dunes. No need for PV's on a machine meant to sing all day at over 9K rpm.