Serval, wampus or cub

Deezy804

What's up HQ I'm stuck on which way I should go with my build and I want opinions. So either 421 serval I hear makes more power in the lower rpm range but doesn't have any top end vs the cheetah cub making lots of top end power through higher rpm ranges but is kinda sluggish on the low end. I mostly drag but I do hit the trails often too so what would be the best set up . Sn: I'm changing up from stock cyl and stock crank and already have a 4mil crank just haven't decided on the top end!

What's your definition of mostly drag? If you go to the dunes and park at the strip or hill all day or go to the track and chase the fastest time then I'd go Cub. If you just like to line up with buddies and blast across the open field and ride trails, then the serval is probably more suited to your riding. The wampus term just means they are done in a way to mimic stock cylinders for a sleeper look. Both the Cub and Serval are available in wampus.

• Like 2

I had both a serval and cub at same time. I opted to trade the serval off.

My riding style is roads. Paved roads. Where doing 90+MPH is what I enjoy.

They are two totally different machines. Could I of done stuff to the serval to equal the cub? Maybe. But I had to pick between the two.

My vote is CUB. But my vote don't count,because your the rider.

The serval did have loads of torque for bringing the front wheels up almost when ever I wanted.

• Like 2

Ima 300lb rider so I need the power and there are no dunes I'm on the east coast and what I mean is there is a race every other week and I run all the time but I would like to keep my set up good for street riding and a beast down the strip

The guys above do have a point.

38mm PWK's w/pods

UPP Intakes w/cross-over tube << I've been told it helps bottom-end a tad...

VF4's

521 10mil Ported Super Serval

10mil Crankworks crank w/max load and TZ bearings

Cool Head w/custom domes

Snipers

Timing Plate

Pro Mod Trans

Clutch w/Lock-Up

Pancake Bearing

Billet Basket w/Straight Cut Gears

Shift Pro w/OE Spring

Mull Engr Shift Star

Mull Engr Water Pump Gear

Mull Engr Water Pump Impeller

• Like 1

521 10mil Ported Super Serval

Snipers

Pro Mod Trans

Clutch w/Lock-Up

If the OP is riding somewhat tight trails, a big 521 serval is too much. But it can be done just putt putting around.

Has sniper pipes been dynoed against other pipes yet? I know control's 521 serval is about to.

A lock up is HARD to shift under wot. However if it's just for fun, just let off the gas and shift slow and let the bike do its thing. A pro mod is what you need if you aren't building a bike to mostly drag.

Since trails were mentioned, there is no way I put a peaky Cub in the bike. I have video of me giving my bike more throttle very slowly increasing to show when the power band starts to come on. Hard to understand or get a feel for it via video though

I have a 521 serval but that's a lot more expensive than the 421 you are building. I do not understand how rider weight effects power in these bikes so I can't say you need a bigger than a 421 serval.

I do have shearers on my bike and it does pull hard up top. I recently made a top end pull on video Sunday. It did not strain much in 5th and 6th and it didn't fall off at 8.5-9krpms. I do not know if smaller serval pull on top or fall off in power. I've seen dyno charts but can not related to the butt dyno with that. That is why I talked to supporting vendor to do my engine work and set up before I spent any money.

If you are 300 pounds and do trail riding, a cub is probably about the worst thing you could build. You wont like that power delivery in the trails at all.

agreed.

a 472 super serval wampus gets down pretty good with a 230# guy. id suggest a 521 super serval wampus on pump gas for a trail bike.