Driveline assassin 392

So yamabond....can i torque the bolts to spec ad soon as i apply the gasket maker and slap the halves together?

Curious as to whether i will need to redo this 1st time project

Because it appeared that 90% of the yamabond squirted to the outside of the cases.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Get a plumbers acid brush (used in soldering pipes) to spread the Yammabond. Use a small disposable cup or even piece of beer box to squeeze some out. "Paint" an even coat on one half then assemble. Have to work relatively quick as it sets pretty quickly.

Yeah, 99% gets squeezed out, that's why thin even coat, avoid getting it in any threaded holes.

Get a plumbers acid brush (used in soldering pipes) to spread the Yammabond. Use a small disposable cup or even piece of beer box to squeeze some out. "Paint" an even coat on one half then assemble. Have to work relatively quick as it sets pretty quickly.

Yeah, 99% gets squeezed out, that's why thin even coat, avoid getting it in any threaded holes.

Thanks! Well i finally did a leak down before i tore it apart to reapply the yamabond, and the gauge showed 5.65psi after 6 min. I really had to work with my intakes! I did not know they were so bad!! Both intakes were leaking in about 10 diff locations. So yes as much as its been said "DO a leakdown"! I wouldve never guessed it was that bad. Glad i tore it apart to rebuild from bottom up

Well shux.. So after assembling my cases for the 2nd time 2days ago, i just now remembered i hadn't put loctite on any case bolts/nuts. Would there be any harm in removing-loctiting-torquing "each nut and bolt" one at a time? I kinda doubt i will mess my yamabond up by doing this...but figured id ask

Well shux.. So after assembling my cases for the 2nd time 2days ago, i just now remembered i hadn't put loctite on any case bolts/nuts. Would there be any harm in removing-loctiting-torquing "each nut and bolt" one at a time? I kinda doubt i will mess my yamabond up by doing this...but figured id ask

Do it one at times, no problem. I dont even have Loctite on mine lol!

Do it one at times, no problem. I dont even have Loctite on mine lol!

Ya thanks for reply! I was debatin on wether i need it or not so i asked.. I gots me a dune ride at silver lake coming up in a couple weeks and this was my 1st bottom end rebuild and so you could say...im a bit paranoid

I cant explain why its not needed but its not. Ive never used it in that application on probably 10 motors. Never had case hardware issues. There are tons on engine applications that dont use locktight on critical fastners. The only things that might have been locktighted in would be the studs into the upper case half in the crank area simply so they dont loosen when removing the nuts. Even thats not required. If you really wanted to you could do one at a time with no issue.