Yamalube in the shee's

Golden specrto in 2003 cr250

Castor 927 in 1978 yz 250

32:1---I'll ride like a fool

Over-revving and it stupid hot weather.

^^^comes down to personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kawa110

Why do you run different oil in each machine, wouldn't it be easier and simpler to run the same premix in every machine and run the same ratio? that way you don't need to have many gas cans, one for each machine.

Yup, i run everything with the same oil (synt 2 strokes) and the same ratio (50:1). Way more convenient!!

32:1 dominator and that is the only way to go. You get negligible wear. main thing is; your machine shop/engine builder gets you a round-perpendicular bore and you break in the engine correct. suffice it to say, but have your jetting favoring the rich

doesn't dominator call for 50:1 right on the bottle

Idea... Read the manufacturers reccomendation as they have probably tested and melted several motors to verify what is needed with their product. Obviously some are better then others. I got on the synthetic train for a while and did every ratio from 32:1 all the way up to 50:1. Synthetics in my experience do not protect as well at 50:1, but leave more deposits when mixed at 32:1. After really looking at my motor parts I went back to Blendzall and Castor 927. Flawless.

• Like 1

I was running 927 or  Klotz benol @ 32.1 with 110. If the quad sat for a week or so and I went to start it the pilot jets would be clogged. Not sure if it was just the cold weather or the castor oil. I switched to Amsoil Dominator and have no starting/ idle issues.

Redline synthetic, 1 bottle per 5 gallons. Only issues I have had is that not all shops carry it so I have had to run around town a bit on some trips to find it and it costs around $11 a bottle.