My mx/trail 50th anniversary build

4 minutes ago, ginger said:

i love my SLPs

you are correct they take some elbow grease to get fitted.  I left all the bolts loose until i had all of them started and then tightened them down.

I have no leak where the stinger meets the header though.  and your carb issue is due to your spacers, because i have stock boots, no spacer, and aftermarket carbs with no issues.

i added a tooth to the front sprocket because they had so much more bottom end, that i could use the torque.

another interested factoid is that these pipes have been around for YEARS lol like 20 years or something like that

and they are just now getting notoriety.  Wonder what builders would have done with these pipes years back had they known they worked so well with built motors

Edited by Ayesully810

^^def the carb issue is from the chariot intake having the internal cross over pushing the carb out further and bringing them up a little for the clutch arm. Some upps would prolly give me enough room and I would be able to take the clamp off that I put around the frame/pipe to pull it away from the carb. It was still sitting against the head though and needed spacers behind the front mount. This was only on the left side (while sitting on the bike) the right side fit pretty good just the head pipe was right up against the frame so I spaced that front mount out too. I def needed clamps to seal the pipes. I gave it a shot w/o them but with all the tweaking they weren’t sealing and don’t slip in all the way anyway. The clamps are buffers for my filters to stop them from hitting the pipe too so worked out good. End of the day like I said none of it bothers me just want to let others know who are looking into slps to have a six pack on hand and dont get frustrated on the install. They were worth it, like others said come on early and rip right into the mid range and get right back into the pipe for on/off gas situations. 

I’ll get some more pics up in a week or two showing everything so I’m not writing essays here. I’m sure install is smother on a stock setup all this shit wasn’t made to work together. On a side note i forgot to add that they sound awesome. A little funky at idle but on the pipe throaty and mean. When the weather gets nicer I’ll put up a vid 

1 hour ago, Brooklyn350 said:

I’ll get some more pics up in a week or two showing everything so I’m not writing essays here. I’m sure install is smother on a stock setup all this shit wasn’t made to work together. On a side note i forgot to add that they sound awesome. A little funky at idle but on the pipe throaty and mean. When the weather gets nicer I’ll put up a vid

this is true. my buddy has my old slps on his stock setup.  only install issue was that it was touching the frame and needed a spacer on each pipe up front

Badass bike and nice reviews on the SLP.  They are designed to fit 100% bone stock Banshee, so yes all of us with modified bikes have to get a little creative.  They are still available for immediate shipment which is good too.

https://www.jdscustoms.com/product/slp-yamaha-banshee-pipes/

So his buddy put SLP's on his stock bike, it touched the frame, and you say they are designed for a 100% stock banshee. Then say people with modified bikes have to get creative.

Engine position stays the same with bolt on's and many other mods. So it SHOULD clear the frame. With that said, i had to space my CPI's. I forgot if i had to space my BBIF shearers but i dont care for the fit anyways. It's no big deal.

I was just breaking balls. I would love get my hands on some snipers. The 12 week wait period isn’t what’s stopping me it’s the fact that once they come I have to get some type of finish on them and that’s puts them up there as far as price. Could be wrong but can’t justify the cost for a marginal gain over cpis. I’m not dragging trying squeeze every ounce of hp out. They are def the best looking/performing pipe out there from the Dyno graphs I’ve seen.