LT vs ST is it worth it for the LT premium on a Banshee?

barry1me

My hillclimb bike has Laeger LT arms and Fox Evols. My brother's has Quicksand ST arms with Float X.

Mine has far more adjustment with the shocks.

As far as travel goes, I've never checked it.

If the cost difference is within a few hundred dollars, I would opt for the LT setup.

ST setup

483733_751922390421_505110648_n.jpg?oh=e

LT setup

554068_709757379441_2000068191_n.jpg?oh=

I bought Alba +2+1 standard travel arms with Elka Legacy shocks last fall. Before I bought I called Elka's tech line and asked them about the difference. I was told that according to their testing the LT only gives an additional .6 of an inch over the ST.

I understand that opinions vary on this, but for me it didn't seem like much of a difference. I decided to use the $$$ saved for other things.

Edited by Time Machine
  • Like 2

Tyler your looks sick. How do your like your shocks?  what is the eye to eye on them?  I have seen several used fox floats on ebay, was thinking of just picking up some LT arms and find some used Foxs.  Is yours a +2+1?

I like them a lot.. First off, don't buy used shocks. You never know what might be wrong with them.

You can buy package deals BRAND new for very reasonable prices.

Here's a very nice setup for $2,000 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lone-Star-2-DC-Pro-Fox-Evol-3-RC2-Float-FRONT-Long-Travel-Kit-Yamaha-Banshee-/361198662321?fits=Make%3AYamaha&hash=item54191e32b1:g:8AEAAOxy4t1SeWNi&vxp=mtr

The shocks alone are $1,400.

Or call ATV Galaxy and have them build you a package.

I personally like my Laeger arms.

I bought Alba +2+1 standard travel arms with Elka Legacy shocks last fall. Before I bought I called Elka's tech line and asked them about the difference. I was told that according to their testing the LT only gives an additional .6 of an inch over the ST.

I understand that opinions vary on this, but for me it didn't seem like much of a difference. I decided to use the $$$ saved for other things.

.6 inches more over ST?  I would stick with the ST also.

I like them a lot.. First off, don't buy used shocks. You never know what might be wrong with them.

You can buy package deals BRAND new for very reasonable prices.

Here's a very nice setup for $2,000 - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lone-Star-2-DC-Pro-Fox-Evol-3-RC2-Float-FRONT-Long-Travel-Kit-Yamaha-Banshee-/361198662321?fits=Make%3AYamaha&hash=item54191e32b1:g:8AEAAOxy4t1SeWNi&vxp=mtr

The shocks alone are $1,400.

Or call ATV Galaxy and have them build you a package.

I personally like my Laeger arms.

Thanks, that is great information.  $2k is out of my budget, I was hoping to be around the $12--1300 range.  What is the Eye to eye length on your shocks?  Do you think there is much improvement of a Laeger LT a arm vs an alba LT a arm?

Thanks, that is great information.  $2k is out of my budget, I was hoping to be around the $12--1300 range.  What is the Eye to eye length on your shocks?  Do you think there is much improvement of a Laeger LT a arm vs an alba LT a arm?

The Alba LT arms look very similar to the Laeger arms. I wouldn't be surprised if they are made by the same company.

My shocks are 17" long if I recall.

Also, over the course of the buying experience with Alba, they made several significant mistakes in the order, including sending me a set of LT shocks set up for a different rider. I had ordered ST. Because the Legacy LT shocks are bigger and made of steel, they were much heavier, if weight matters to you.

Edited by Time Machine
  • Like 1

I already sent an email to the seller asking what the shock length is on that one, and the stage 3.  

Im curious what your rear setup is...stock swing arm?  What shocks and linkage?  

I already sent an email to the seller asking what the shock length is on that one, and the stage 3.  

Im curious what your rear setup is...stock swing arm?  What shocks and linkage?  

We run the Fox Podium on both the hillclimb bikes with +8 arms and the drag bikes with +14 arms.