First Banshee Help

If you go by Clymer's, it will tell you to align your clutch actuator up with notch on cases, that don't mean shit honestly. It's more a reference point, I've lined them dead even and still had the clutch dragging when it was pulled, most time the actuator will be to the right of the arrow (as your sitting on bike). But I have zero clues on the hydraulic set-up, I assume the pressure plate adjustment is gonna be the same as a standard cable

Yep both notches are lined up exactly and it stills drags. As far as the hydraulic setup goes it's the same as the cable but instead of a cable there's a hydraulic line like a brake line that connects to a little cylinder that pulls in and out.

This is the one I have 1a8c57dd31acdd219a2db1d81d3664f4.jpg

I pulled the side cover off to adjust the clutch and put a new basket in when I notice that there was some play in one of the gears. https://vimeo.com/163561618

Is this normal? I took the gear out and the shaft it sits in has a little play but it seems like most of it is coming from that hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to adjust my clutch this past weekend. First time in probably 3-4 years. I just adjusted the screw in my pancake bearing to give me some slack up top on the clutch lever. I don't go by the marks on the cases. You need a little slack/play on top by the lever so it doesn't have tension 24/7. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I had to adjust my clutch this past weekend. First time in probably 3-4 years. I just adjusted the screw in my pancake bearing to give me some slack up top on the clutch lever. I don't go by the marks on the cases. You need a little slack/play on top by the lever so it doesn't have tension 24/7. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So when you guys say you adjust it so it has some slack to you mean that you have the lever go pass the arrow on the clutch side or the stator side?

There is definitely a lot of knowledgeable guys on here. I've also been building sleds and old Chevys my whole life but this is my first banshee but been riding forever. You can do some pretty cheap mods thst will wake it up a little like a timing plate and lightened flywheel. You can do both for around $100.

• Like 1

The Magura is nice. Streamline is junk.

From what I can tell it seems like a really nice clutch. I don't know if I mentioned earlier but I had to rebuild it because it was leaking real bad but now that that's fixed its dry as a bone and moves real smooth. Haven't been able to try it out yet now that it's fixed though. Edited by jakerusso45