Serval porting

Gonna go ahead and build a 421 serval or possibly a 4 mill super serval...i know alot of ppl port them but im looking for the best

Considering redline or sleeper06 point me in the right direction fellas if theres better dont bite ya tongue lol

Edited by Andreb84

I just had a 10 mil serval done by sleeper06. Happy with his service and turnaround time. Just installed it today and ran it through a few heat cycles. A small 3rd gear blast up my street about 1hr ago and I can already tell this is a stout motor.

• Like 1

A friend of mine is having a 421 serval built from FAST im not exactly in a rush but its been a few months now lol still hasnt got his motor back yet...besides the turn around time i'd also like to compare who ever ports mine with his as we will both have the same set up just different pipes

Nothing against FAST im sure jeff does top notch work but just for future refference i would like to be able to compare

Edited by Andreb84

Build a 4 mil stock cylinder and save a ton of money.

In the end, a full tilt 4mil stock cyl is only 4-5 hundred bucks less then the serval. And the serval is just a far superior set up. You can do on pump gas with a serval what a high strung stock cyl on race gas with compression and timing.

• Like 1

A friend of mine is having a 421 serval built from FAST im not exactly in a rush but its been a few months now lol still hasnt got his motor back yet...besides the turn around time i'd also like to compare who ever ports mine with his as we will both have the same set up just different pipes

Nothing against FAST im sure jeff does top notch work but just for future refference i would like to be able to compare

Redline, but if you're not happy about your buddy waiting a few months, you are in for a rude awakening.

Its been about 4 and i dont even thinks its been touched yet...or atleast thats what he says

Turn around time isnt everything but its def a factor if your talking about getting your motor back like a year later lol im

Pretty patient im willing to wait a while but damn some of the stories i hear are crazy

In the end, a full tilt 4mil stock cyl is only 4-5 hundred bucks less then the serval. And the serval is just a far superior set up. You can do on pump gas with a serval what a high strung stock cyl on race gas with compression and timing.

Sure that's sounds right but you know your gonna port it so add on 300 bucks to your number and then another 300 for carbs. And no doubt you have stouter engine with the serval but gas mileage goes down the tube. I am just convinced a stock carb dune port 4 mil is the best bang for the buck.

If you look at the drive line cylinder price and Mailmans 392 dyno it's hard not to go that route also.

Gas mileage and range is the main reasoning behind my thinking though.

• Like 2

Sure that's sounds right but you know your gonna port it so add on 300 bucks to your number and then another 300 for carbs. And no doubt you have stouter engine with the serval but gas mileage goes down the tube. I am just convinced a stock carb dune port 4 mil is the best bang for the buck.

If you look at the drive line cylinder price and Mailmans 392 dyno it's hard not to go that route also.

Gas mileage and range is the main reasoning behind my thinking though.

I'm talking my full tilt 4mm with carbs and all. An 80+hp stock cyl on race gas is not much cheaper then a ported serval. In the end, both consume plenty of fuel, but the serval would be able to make the same if not better power on cheaper pump fuel.
  • Like 1

I didnt understand power curves on dyno charts. I never ridden any higher hp bikes than mine. I just researched which builder, called then discussed what i wanted and went from there while making it clear i didnt care about a fancy peak hp or tq number on a piece of paper. The info you are looking for is already out there. Just search Serval and youll see TONS of pages. The top person has a big wait time....

Lol def not running race fuel on a trail bike...talking about burning thru money vp 110 is almost $9 a gallon where

Im from fuck that...a big part of the reason i want a serval is because of the power it makes on pump gas

Ha! On the east cost we have to pay more then 9 bucks a gallon for 110 and I'm running a +10mm stroked 611cc with two 41mm carbs for trails and you worried about spending extra cash on fuel with a smaller motor? If that's the reason then why not do a 421 cub with pump gas domes? It's gonna make more peak hp. You should be concerned about the power deliver that's NEEDED for the type of trails that you visit most often. Not the gas cost. Yes of course a pump gas motor is going to cost less for fuel but understand that a race gas motor is going to make more power and might just be more enjoyable and suitable for the place you ride. That's def food for though right there IMO. The bigger the motor the more gas it's gonna use regardless if it's running on pump or 110. You should be choosing a serval motor if you need power more in the lower Rpm's, tighter trails, or WFO is not your riding style ( which it isn't for many) Ect . If it's more wide open fire roads Ect you may be better suited with a cub. Servals are def impressive motors there is no doubt about that but your missing the main point of what's needed for your type of riding and that's just touching base slightly with the motor nevermind the chassis and suspension components... Just remember a highly modified chassis and suspension with a smaller motor is going to work better in the woods then a larger motor with all stock suspension. You follow?
  • Like 1

I have a set of elka shocks on the way they will be here well before my top end.already have after market a arms and axle...the trails i ride you barely

Make it out of 3rd gear i need the bottom end to mid not the top

Every now and then we might hit an open spot i might drag race it on occasion but mainly its gonna be in the trails..dont need a bike thats all top end eating up $9 a gallon race fuel...i have a 250r on 110 and i barely ride the bike its not even just the cost of the fuel you have to go way out of your way to get it....the benefits of 110 dont out weigh the cost and the pain in the ass to go out and get it for me..,.i see what your saying but pump gas all day for me