No start issue

antd913

Ok so her it goes ....

01 banshee never seen it run baught it and put everything listed bellow into it .Torres removed , brand new 28mm pwk flat slide carbs main jet 150, pilot 45. I ride at sea level . noss cool head with 22cc domes. Comp is 133 and 134 . t5 exhaust . Air box removed k&n style air filters . went through electrical system all seems to ohm out within spec .went through the wireing harness . spark is blue . reeds are new carbon fiber reeds. Top end is new . when I kick it over it's tries to start and won't even idol and if I give any throttle it bogs right out . after 2 or 3 times of trying I pulled the plugs and they were wet with black\grey crap on them . Any help you guys can give me would be greatly apreciated .

post-50856-0-50672300-1457901244_thumb.jpg

Have a buddy press his finger over the plug hole and kick it. It looks to me like the bottom end is going to have a ton of fuel it it. If it sprays fuel, or even a mist with the finger trick I'd pull the pipes and reeds off and let it air out. While you've got the carbs off give them a good clean and look over then connect a purge bottle to them and be sure the floats are set correctly and not leaking by.

• Like 2

How long should I let it dry out before giving it another try ?

pull plugs pipes intakes reeds and kick it over a few times then let it sit.

Gas evaporates pretty quick. But I'd leave it a few days if the bike is indoors. You know it'll all be gone by then. Is it holding you up in anyway while it's down?