Leak down test

Not sure, first time splitting cases, I'm not the original owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run up to Lakes Motorsports and grab ThreeBond 1211 sealant. They get pretty good deals on the seals to. But don't get the Weisco seals. They are trash. OEM is the way to go.

To seal that crank Keyway, you will need to pull the cover. Pull the clutch basket. Then take off the gears off the crank. You may need to get crafty in prying them off. Some are easy and some are a pain in the ass. An old plastic cutting board or chunk of rubber around the case edges will save them if you need to do prying. Once it's loose, coat the key in sealant and re assemble.

Edited by trickedcarbine
  • Like 1

I usually clean all the pto gear assembly in hot soapy water , grease the seal side of gear , install gear n keyway then fill that whole are with three bond . I wonder why the shee engines never adopted the oring that the rd engines use , yamaha actually makes a plug/oring that fits perfect

I usually clean all the pto gear assembly in hot soapy water , grease the seal side of gear , install gear n keyway then fill that whole are with three bond . I wonder why the shee engines never adopted the oring that the rd engines use , yamaha actually makes a plug/oring that fits perfect

can one buy this plug/oring and use it without modding a banshee engine?

Easy there Tyrel JR..... business must be good

My logic with leak down testing, temp sensing, radar detectors Etc has served me well for 15 years

All that shit just makes u paranoid.

Use good gaskets, sealant and torque specs. Start it, warm it up, ride it, and as some would say get bitches.