Vernier Calipers

PaymentPlan

You dont need to check port timing. Have cameron port it and you are done.

I prefer the analog because I want to know how to read and digest a measurement. Anyone can read a digital if you know 1-10.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

After training many people doing machine work and QC, i disagree. Reading and understanding are two different things. Most cant do either at first.

I think some of us are getting off topic. OP would be fine with a sub $100 set of analog calipers at more. He is not trying to hold a tight tolerance. Especially something like .0001 where temperature change and really affect the part.

id recommend something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Starrett-0-6-Dial-Caliper-3202-6-/172067158437?hash=item28100079a5:g:sWIAAOSwL7VWn7bJ

or a 0-8" or 0-12" depending on your needs.

You dont need to check port timing. Have cameron port it and you are done.

After training many people doing machine work and QC, i disagree. Reading and understanding are two different things. Most cant do either at first.

I think some of us are getting off topic. OP would be fine with a sub $100 set of analog calipers at more. He is not trying to hold a tight tolerance. Especially something like .0001 where temperature change and really affect the part.

id recommend something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Starrett-0-6-Dial-Caliper-3202-6-/172067158437?hash=item28100079a5:g:sWIAAOSwL7VWn7bJ

or a 0-8" or 0-12" depending on your needs.

True but I've also bought countless 20 dollar sets that have broken on me at home when I could have bought one set that would last me the rest of my life. If I'm reading tolerances that are tighter than .001 I use a micrometer.

My favorite degree wheel is a motion pro set from wsm , with my dealer accnt it was like $85. Comes with 3 bushings for diffrent size cranks , magnetic base with guage . I made a cpl pointers out of welding wire . Then I added a few top dead center guages for various thing like adjusting cam timing on street bikes

• Like 1