Vernier Calipers

PaymentPlan

Either kind works fine. It's what YOU prefer not what juan claud van damn prefers.

It depends what you want to do with them. Projects is a very general term. If dropped, it should be recalibrated. For the average joe, that isnt needed.

I picked up a the cheap $20 digital onces at Oriellys and they fine for what most. But for machine work, hell no.

I rather digital for when i was in quality control in machine shops/doing machine work. I rather analog for at home simply because i very seldom use calipers at home and do not want to mess with batteries.

Mitutoyo, starrett and even the cheaper In-Size or whatever that brand is called will do fine.

For QC work, calipers were allowed to be .002" off which is huge(read as a junk work piece) depends on the job, For stuff at home for example shimming my clutch slave on my truck, not a big deal. I compensated for error.

We (us and the students) use all mitutoyo digitals here. A galiper is not a precision instrument so, vernier, dial or digi, i dont care, if i want to be precise i will use a micro or our cmm.

Define precision. Precision calipers are certified.

.001 tolerance no prob I machine +/-.0001 all day

• Like 2

Define precision. Precision calipers are certified.

.001 tolerance no prob I machine +/-.0001 all day

I already told you about that. The precision depend on the user pressure. A micrometer have a mecanisim for that. You use a caliper all day long, so you are used to it and probably put the same pressure each time (experience). It's not the case with a noob or a casual user.