Problem with neutral

Craig B

You bought a banshee. Some people have good luck and hit neutral every time. I've never seen it in person.

I can usually get it coming to a stop. But at a dead stop it's not happening

Well it was decent before I did the clutch and shift star. The only time I can get neutral is when it's shut off.

if you changed nothing but the basket,lockup,star and arm then you would think it has to be something associated with those parts. I haven't looked close but maybe the star has different geometry or different ramps into neutral position ? maybe theres something different about the arm. whats do you meen by hard to find neutral ? is the plates dragging or the star just rolls past the neutral slot ?

Once you cut the star that's about it. It slips right past that notch

So what you saying is with the modified star it's going from 1st to 2nd everytime? Would it be better to go back to the stock star? There are a few things in the aftermarket that help with shifting, like modified shift shaft, shift pro [lighter spring] . Would any of these help hitting neutral easier ???

if you changed nothing but the basket,lockup,star and arm then you would think it has to be something associated with those parts. I haven't looked close but maybe the star has different geometry or different ramps into neutral position ? maybe theres something different about the arm. whats do you meen by hard to find neutral ? is the plates dragging or the star just rolls past the neutral slot ?

I agree, it's definitely one of the thing I just messed with. I don't think it's the clutch or basket. I will be looking @ this shift star and detent bearing first. I think it's just going right pass neutral.