The Mcdank build

i just spent i think 2 or 3 hours cleaning off spraypaint like that on a set of cases. getting it off all the bolts. trans parts overspray inside the cases., what a mess.. I knew that would be an issue so I made sure every thing I was tapped off, I took the proper steps to do it.

in the future paint before assembly if your going to do it..

Cam 90% of the time it takes me to build a motor is prep cleaning. You can eat off my motors. I refuse to do it any other way reliable engines come down to diligence on assembly. Attention to detail is a great attribute along with patience. Some things you can't rush through!!!

• Like 1

Cam 90% of the time it takes me to build a motor is prep cleaning. You can eat off my motors. I refuse to do it any other way reliable engines come down to diligence on assembly. Attention to detail is a great attribute along with patience. Some things you can't rush through!!!

I completely agree with that, what's taken the longest up until now has been prep work like cleaning and what not

i hear ya sleeper.  it takes FOREVER to get everything ready seems like...    i can always tell the junk shortcuts peeps take when i redo work.  it amazes me at times.   i think i have cleaned off 3-4 differnt types of sealer/rtv/silicone off cases in the past..  just blobbed right over the old stuff. WTF!

I went to the local Power sports dealer ship to price check some Cdi boxes and a oem is over $550! They said I could get an aftermarket one for $170 out the door. Crazy that little plastic box can be so much money, I think that the aftermarket one is the way to go.

Stop thinking. Aftermarket is not the way to go.

Unless you are a guy with infinite dyno access to make custom curves on a Dyna. Even then, they're still pretty obsolete.