Smoothest ride

Juststrokeit

Hey guys I'm just wondering what's gonna give me a nice smooth ride.. I apologize for not "GTS" a little further in detail.. But this last Sunday down in LSOK.. The dunes were choppy as hell.. Not sure if it was the dunes or the hangover.. Hahaha.. I just want something that rides decent.. Buddy races an ltr and it looks so comfy.. I just felt like I hurt way to much.. Handlebars shake and my ass hurts.. So far everything is stock...

I've tapped out my banshee fund with Christmas around the corner I shouldn't spend so much.. But my goal is to change the suspension for the spring trip in March..

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a 450 style bike will always handle better.... but as far as comfort goes.... with a proper chassis set up, the banshee feels like riding on a lazy boy.

Not to mention the stock seat is damn thick on a banshee and UBER comfortable for the arse.

the 450's seats feel like a wood plank, they actually sell aftermarket seats with added "gel" for more comfort lol...

if you want a good smooth ride though... its going to cost you.

opting to works shocks on stock arms and a rebuilt / valved rear shock to your riding specs is the cheapest of methods but there's going to be A LOT better out there.

IMO... your best bet and bang for your buck.. is stage 3 elkas all around with an LT from end from fireball. fireball LT arms run 650$ stage 3 elkas will run you 1300 if I remember right.... the bike wont only ride 10000000000000000000000000000 times better... but odds are you will also ride a lot faster through the dunes as well...

Ya but do I really need lt arms?

do you NEED LT arms... probably not.... but IMO that set up is over all best bang for your buck.

You can always opt to just aftermarket shocks front and back and call it a day for under 1K and leave the stock arms on... will ride better then a stock chassis set up... but there will a lot left to be desired going that route in my opinion.

I did like the width of the ltr.. I was told the ltr is a banshee with +2 +1.... And different shock set up of course..

Fox Floats for front. Fox Podium for rear. Done.

On stock a arms?

LSOK sand gets rough as fuck after rain and no wind to smooth it out. Case in point this years ride, rain at night would trash then for the the following day. No suspension in the world would make a smooth ride going against the flow of traffic in the conditions im sure you were riding in.

There was no rain but there was some strong wind.. Down in the bottom of the dunes and we were going across the trails of the traffic... Oh boy.. It was gonna beat me..

Lt front end is better than stock.

Proper setup shocks is a huge plus.

Wider arms means more wheel travel in the front.

Wider axle means more stability.

Anti vibe stem means less vibration in hands.

Taller stem can mean better ergonomics.

Steering damper means less arm pump.

So all of the above?

Of course you would say that.. I'm just not so sure that's the best bang for the buck man.. That's a lot of money..

I'm not hard on things like others are.. Ya I'll "test" things.. But I feel I know my limit and don't push them to their max..

For example.. I feel and hear lsr a arms are the shit.. But I can get some full flights for cheaper and I don't think I would ever break either..

I'm not arguing with anyone by any means.. And im gonna do what you guys lead me to.. Fuck I listened to all of you past and present.. Everyone here has taught me something and not riding a damn banshee in my whole life I took one from pieces and put it together and tore shit up this last weekend.. All because you guys..

Thank you..

Just needing some more advice on a arms.. I wanna spend as little as possible.. But I know.. Banshees are no cake walk.. Hahaha

JFC.. This is another one of those "I only hear what I want" type of guys.

He asks for advice. He gets advice. Still asks about Full Flight..

That said, Full Flight are great. Run them with some YFZ shocks and go bomb some 100' doubles. Stock rear shock is fine too, just keep it clean.