My Build Thread, Redline 10mil Super Serval Cub on 110.

More details on this please!

This is clear powder coat over all the shiny goodies?

Yes on some things.The cylinders and cases I got professionally polished then got cleared. Side cases are chrome. Works great on cylinders, head and cases. I don't mind polishing some stuff like silencers, front master cylinder Ect . They are easy to polish, pretty accessible to get in there and shine them up. I always keep my quad clean as I can. Keep parts looking nice and they will stay that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes on some things.The cylinders and cases I got professionally polished then got cleared. Side cases are chrome. Works great on cylinders, head and cases. I don't mind polishing some stuff like silencers, front master cylinder Ect . They are easy to polish, pretty accessible to get in there and shine them up. I always keep my quad clean as I can. Keep parts looking nice and they will stay that way

Shit... I wish I would of thought of this before. I guess I will have to do it sometime down the road. That PC process would work on the pipes maybe?

Shit... I wish I would of thought of this before. I guess I will have to do it sometime down the road. That PC process would work on the pipes maybe?

Raw pipes? Yea it would probably work but they will end up getting some rust at some point. Best to get them chromed and be done with it. Especially if it's a trail bike. The point I was making with my post before was that since its a pita to keep the cylinders polished you might as well get them done perfect then clear so you don't have the maintenance to deal with. Keep in mind your engine is protected pretty good from the elements more so then say the pipes or silencers Ect

So, your cascade stator cover is chromed?

Clutch cover and lock out cover chromed as well?

Ive had a polished clutch case as well as a stator cover and cheetah cub cylinders. I powder cleared them while I was working at  a wheel repair shop and I never had issues with it. I even powder cleared my polished thumb throttle.  I did get a little wear through on the stator side where my boot rubbed when shifting. 

• Like 1

Look at my pictures in my build thread from when I got my stuff back from the powder coater. There's a couple other things not pictured though I think.

If you do the handle bars and/or steering stem. Tape off where the stem clamp is on top and tape off the handle bar grip area. Same goes for where stuff goes on the axle if you do the axle. I'd keep it chrome if it's chrome.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...