Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Buying new is horrible, shit quality. Unknown track record of a vehicle. Shitty warranty that is only like a get out of jail free card temporarily for what 100k miles? What the hell is the use of that 100k miles is nothing, being within the warranty period is just letting you get an idea of how shitty the vehicle could be later on when you are on your own and stuck with it until you buy another new piece of shit.

Buying new is horrible, shit quality. Unknown track record of a vehicle. Shitty warranty that is only like a get out of jail free card temporarily for what 100k miles? What the hell is the use of that 100k miles is nothing, being within the warranty period is just letting you get an idea of how shitty the vehicle could be later on when you are on your own and stuck with it until you buy another new piece of shit.

If the vehicles youre buying are shit quality, maybe shop somewhere other than a Honda or Nissan dealer. 100k miles will last the average person 5 years.....What the fuck do you want? They surely aren't going to fix it forever. If the vehicle is a heap, any sane person would get rid of it before the warranty ran out. Also something to think about, most people who have their shit together will have that vehicle paid for by the time the warranty runs out. Repair bills are a lot easier when you don't have to make a loan payment.

Idea of prices around me

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5517581101.html

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ctd/5534642274.html

shit, here is a 2011 for $20K

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ctd/5537519654.html

but like said, aftermarket parts add little value. They can add value if they are things you like, but you need to know, usually when people mod things, they are not being easy on the truck.

The extended cab books for $4k less.. So it's still over priced with higher miles..

The dually still books for $18k - over priced..

And the 2011 is a scam..

Haha.. Just kidding..

But seriously I don't know how to pay that much for a truck ($18k) when they ALL are over priced anyway..

Hey, Hondas are that bad. I know a few people with newer ones that have 300K on them. The one guy had 200K on the original clutch. Most quality issues are from stupid owners.

But ya, nissan's quality went to shit when they moved their production to the states.

They run forever, but you know what I mean...

If you are not mechanically retarded you can easily determine what you are buying no matter the miles, if you dont know what the fuck you are doing with vehicles sure go ahead buy new since you dont know any better, and even by chance if its somehow breaking all the time it still comes out way cheaper due to cheaper parts and labor of repairs. Less money lost by far specially being how insane the value of new shit drops after buying it.

Comment about honda is pretty horrible i have a crx with 335k and runs smoother than most newer cars, honda and toyota make some of the most insanely reliable commuters.

Moral of the story:

If you're on the fence about a diesel and don't NEED one, don't buy it.

If you really want one and like that body style, go buy a totally stock one that some old dude used to run to the corner hardware store.

New shit is great - if you can afford it. If you have to sacrifice travelling, savings, or something you enjoy in order to cover the payment then it's absolutely not worth it in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So fond of new vehicles yet have an 80s designed banshee. Does your mechanical knowledge of shit stop at simple motorcycles? The same reason you like the banshee should be similar to why certain older vehicles are so nice. Late 80s to late 90s early 2000s roughly were best vehicles made. After that time period manufacturing, epa and whatnot went a little nuts, car manufactures started realizing they could build less reliable shit and still sell just as good and at the same time generate more money at dealerships for servicing, that and with the growing population and having to push out higher numbers of vehicles quality control and other things are not the way they used to be.

So fond of new vehicles yet have an 80s designed banshee. Does your mechanical knowledge of shit stop at simple motorcycles? The same reason you like the banshee should be similar to why certain older vehicles are so nice. Late 80s to late 90s early 2000s roughly were best vehicles made. After that time period manufacturing, epa and whatnot went a little nuts, car manufactures started realizing they could build less reliable shit and still sell just as good and at the same time generate more money at dealerships for servicing, that and with the growing population and having to push out higher numbers of vehicles quality control and other things are not the way they used to be.

DAF

You are an idiot. A huge idiot.

Most like the banshee because there is nothing else in the ATV market like it, nothing.

That isnt the only reason though just an example, hey if you feel like shelling out the money and dont feel like or have the ability to work on your own shit keep buying new, its your choice. The longevity, track record and value of older used vehicles will always be better.

If you know how to use a comp tester, leakdown, oil sample, stethoscope, manometer for blow by and other things when checking vehicles you will know what you are buying. I have been doing it for years and years with various types of vehicles with over 300k miles. Like i said though sure buy new if you want, money allowing and if you would rather not fix your own shit sure not i guess.

Im just guessing on all this though, you all got me pretty convinced i think i might go buy a new vehicle though.

The point of having a nice vehicle, is so i can go turn the fucking key and go where i want. I can wrench on my own shit, but i hate doing it. If i wanted to be a mechanic, i would have been. What happens (since were commenting on this thread) if you go look at a diesel truck and all checks out. The following week (after spending say 15k on the truck) it blows up and will cost 6k just for a used motor. Still worth it? Shit better yet, you buy a newer used diesel for 35k and it blows...Do you go find another unknown motor to throw in it or buy new? If you buy new, bam another 10k and a million headaches for the same price as a brand new base model (give or take), that would have came with a warranty. I would much rather drop the fucker off and use a rental for a week than be fiddle fucking around in my garage in hopes that it fixes whatever the problem was. 

• Like 2

Hi, what's it like to be so dumb?