Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Yup. Loaded 2016 is around $70K, so a $10K price increase with the new body.

I drove a new 450 before I bought my new pickup. My number one bitch about the Ford was the price (74k). The sales guy kinda chuckled and said "If you don't like this price you surely won't like the price of the 17s" He did not hide the fact that the new loaded up limiteds and KRs would be north of 80k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I drove a new 450 before I bought my new pickup. My number one bitch about the Ford was the price (74k). The sales guy kinda chuckled and said "If you don't like this price you surely won't like the price of the 17s" He did not hide the fact that the new loaded up limiteds and KRs would be north of 80k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

He tryin to sell now Green lol

I used to always buy new shit. But I don't see paying $80k for a truck to pull my trailer 3 times a year. I don't know why they keep going up. Mine was $60k out the door in 2011. Sticker was $65k.

Side note: my dad said a local dealer sold an Escalade XL Platinum the other day for $101k.

I used to always buy new shit. But I don't see paying $80k for a truck to pull my trailer 3 times a year. I don't know why they keep going up. Mine was $60k out the door in 2011. Sticker was $65k.

Side note: my dad said a local dealer sold an Escalade XL Platinum the other day for $101k.

I've got a buddy who told me basically the same thing. His father in law bought a new escalade in Naples and it was 99 or 100 or something stupid like that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The prices on this stuff will continue to go up because people will keep buying. The people will keep buying because they can get financed. Plain and simple.

All these big companies don't make the bulk of their money on sales anymore. They make it on interest by financing every single part of your life.

I'd give 80k for a new Platinum 450. But I'd put a ton down, take out a note for a maximum of 36 months, and it's something I could utilize every day.

Side note: I really want to buy a 450 in 2018 but those new F650's are sexayyyy as fuck and about 20k less.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree completely with F1HDR on the reasons for the continued excessive price increases.

I have imagine that at some point in the near future there will have to be a market correction in the price of new trucks and cars much like the market correction in housing in 2009.

Eventually the bubble has to pop...

Peeps continue to buy overpriced American made vehicles, equipment, houses, etc in America. I say peeps cause not only Americans but other peeps in other countries buying also. Shits outa control and one day shits going to hit the fan. I have chosen to not buy any equipment right now because the price to value ratio isn't worth it to me

• Like 1

Can't you go like 8 years now? I know here in PA after 8 years you will have holes in the rockers, cab corners, bed sides, and probably front fenders in that amount of time. Crazy. Then it's not worth a fuck and it costs 4k to fix all the shit wrong with the body alone.