Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Just buy a 99-03 Ford 7.3 for 10-15 grand. Best truck made that's why I still have it, 18 years later and it still tows my 39' weekend warrior. Bought it new April of 1998.

This ^^^

I'm just about to jump into my 99 F350 7.3 that I bought new February of 99.

She's at 198,000. Still runs like a champ. It's had the balls worked off of it from the day it was new.

Yup! Weeks ago the water pump went out in my girlfriends car.. Worked 78 hours that week.. Dropped the car off at dealer, got a rental for her.. Car was fixed by the next Monday..

Grand total of Free Fifty Free

(No, I don't have pictures of girlfriend)(fuckers)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1. Never allow a female near anything mechanical. Shops are for guys. Kitchens are for girls.

2. Will someone please rename this thread "useless forum opinions"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Smartest post I've seen.

Unless your kitchen is in the garage there's no reason for your girl to be in there.

I guess I've somehow got lucky on God knows how many older vehicles 20, 30 years old on some of them 300k miles or more on some. It's clear some of you just don't have the experience if you know what your looking at or looking for then you know damn near exactly what you are buying, engine or suspension, there are ways to test shit believe it or not. Same with rust,depends on the area and how fucking hard is it to look at a vehicle for rust and go oh gee I don't feel like buying this one it's rusted, or man the fuck up and weld, its fucking metal...

Oh if somehow some dumb little part breaks on you that you didn't know about guess what? The part is going to be cheap ad hell on an older vehicle and easy to replace.

Buying new just because it's new and comes with a warranty is about the most panzy ass thing to do that makes you sound like a woman. You are thinking short term after your little 100k miles grace period then what? Your stuck with a possible piece of shit the you lost tons of money on with value. Pain in the ass to work on, expensive parts and so on.

You can't tell me any different lmao it's literally not possible. When you have first hand experience with this for years and years guess fucking what? You learn and know better.

Hey guess what also when you buy a vehicle 10-20 years old you know what that means? The vehicle has a track record! Since it's been out this long it's not a fucking mystery how well of a vehicle it is, which parts commonly break, costs and so on. Isn't that amazing? People who buy brand new shit or even a few years old are like the dumbass test dummies who buy shit brand new that you will have no idea how well the vehicle will be. Then after paying god knows how much with insurance and interest on payments and why not turns around and sell it after warranty is up and sells it for 25% of what they paid for it only a few years later then it starts all over again.

Like a bunch of dumbass test dummies they pay the insane price and take a chance on the vehicle quality. Then when it goes up for sale it will be out long enough for people to know if it's reliable and then someone will scoop it up for cheap as hell of it is indeed a decent vehicle. Thank you test dummies, someone has to do it I guess.

I guess I've somehow got lucky on God knows how many older vehicles 20, 30 years old on some of them 300k miles or more on some. It's clear some of you just don't have the experience if you know what your looking at or looking for then you know damn near exactly what you are buying, engine or suspension, there are ways to test shit believe it or not. Same with rust,depends on the area and how fucking hard is it to look at a vehicle for rust and go oh gee I don't feel like buying this one it's rusted, or man the fuck up and weld, its fucking metal...

Oh if somehow some dumb little part breaks on you that you didn't know about guess what? The part is going to be cheap ad hell on an older vehicle and easy to replace.

Buying new just because it's new and comes with a warranty is about the most panzy ass thing to do that makes you sound like a woman. You are thinking short term after your little 100k miles grace period then what? Your stuck with a possible piece of shit the you lost tons of money on with value. Pain in the ass to work on, expensive parts and so on.

You can't tell me any different lmao it's literally not possible. When you have first hand experience with this for years and years guess fucking what? You learn and know better.

Your posts are way too long dude.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3