Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

I want to buy a newer truck because I'm over the giant lifted shit, want something a bit more plush and capable of towing whatever boat I end up with........... I just don't wanna pay for it!

Feel ya there everyone got fancy new ones with plush ride and twice the towing capacity then theirs me loud, bouncy motherfucker rocking my tape deck. Can't bring myself to pay for a truck that cost as much as my house.

Ive owened all 3 (gas and diesel). All 3 were a pain in the ass in their own way. The 6.0 ford and lby or whatever duramax would've left me homeless if i kept them. The front end has nearly fallen off on my dads '14 Ram. Thankfully no tranny problems yet. My gas motor Ram has been flawless so far. So i can say ive dealed with all 3. Maybe i should've said "all 3 are junk in their own ways". Didnt mean to upset anybody

I had my mind set on a 650. Went a drove one and it was PATHETIC on power. I'm not sure it would pull a condom out of a faggots ass! I'm sure it would to heavy shit good, but was truly sad to drive empty so I crossed them off the list. I like the 450s, I've got lots of time in the newer ones but refuse to pay the premium they fetch!

you have to realize the 650 needs to be spec'd for your application. Its almost a real truck they have 5 or 6 available hp ratings plus ? How many gear ratio and tire sizes. They are not all equal. That said buy a 2003-early 2007 dodge and be done. Fuck ford if its not a 7.3
  • Like 1

Bitches love Dodge FTW.

F1HDR posted a pic with 6 good looking girls in the back seat of his Ford.

Until you post a pic with 6 or more girls that are better looking then what F1HDR posted in your personal Dodge work truck, I call BS.

Prove me wrong.

• Like 1

In early 2000's we already had our first srw F350 and we were looking into buying a drw F350 truck.

We decided to look at Dodges at that time too. Two different 3500 diesel Dodges, 4wd, extended cabs, brand new, that we drove, drove like empty dump trucks going down the road. Rough riding as can be and all over the road. The power was ok, nothing to brag about.

We test drove two different for F350 drw trucks at the same time. One an extended cab the other a crew. Both Fords drove considerably better down the rode. Smoother riding and drove much straighter and more accurately then the Dodges.